Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2019, 04:56 PM   #1331
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I think after debating this today I'm going to cancel unless some amazing photos show up. I can get the 1/4 scorpion from a local supplier for £370 shipped which is almost the shipping cost for this alone, BEFORE import duties. That in itself speaks volumes to me. I can even still pay for it on lay away so I'd be pocketing roughly an extra £1,700 cash right now which otherwise would have paid for this. Unfortunately when statues are becoming so much bigger generally, 1/3 is the new 1/4 right (?), this can be a killer for international collectors.

It's a shame given I've been looking forward to this for a long time but I just don't think I can risk those shipping fees and duties without seeing the finished product.

Sideshow have yet to recieve these correct and when they do they'll just start sending them out?
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:41 PM   #1332
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Are you kidding me?? I can bet you all my 1/3 Ninjas, 1/4 Shao Kahn, 1/3 Darkness, MK 9 Subzero will all sell for more then retail!

My 1/3 Ninjas were $594 plus $50 for shipping giving a total of $644.. I know for a fact they can sell higher then $644 and the Ninjas actually came out very good. Especially, for that price at 1/3 scale is a great deal and the 1/3 Ninjas in person look amazing!

I still know some collectors in my area willing to pay $900 for it so please stop spreading false info as I constantly get a lot of offers for these PCS statues that I mentioned above. I will not sell them unless I was in dire need to survive, but I can assure you I have a couple people right now if I said to them I was getting rid of it they buy for $900 in a heartbeat. All offers I get for the last year PCS statues are higer then the retail I paid for it.

Maybe, you just do not have a good outlet to sell them, but many people still want a lot of those low production runs and will still pay a good price for it...

Keep in mind the Internet like here and facebook to sell statues is not the only place and when you have negative nancy’s not even owning any of these statues trashing it from some low quality pic or a collector here nit picking every part of the clothes which by the way looks really good out the box... FLUFF AWAY and you are good...

The collectors going above and beyond to do some GUUCI clothes upgrades for the Ninjas will talk negative since they believe a 1/3 statue for $594 should have Louis Vuitton clothes. I was impressed how the outfits were tailored and once again collectors that see mine in person want to buy it from me for higher then retail.

Maybe, if they were priced at 1k for a 1/3 then they could increase the quality of the clothes, but for what we paid for those at reail they are definitely worth the price and more. They look amazing and the 3 Ninjas displayed together are very nice.

If you are selling a statue under retail price you obviously are not doing it right and are not targeting the right collectors. The light ups on 1/3 Scorpion and Sub Zero are stunning and once again all this went into a $594 1/3 statue.. Do you realize they have PF 1/4 statues higher priced then the 1/3’s retailed at and I will bet you my entire collection all those PCS statues can sell for more then retail.

You are basically saying that if someone would only want to offer $100-200 less then retail then the 1/3 Ninjas are only worth the total $644 w/ shipping minus the $100-200= $444-$544...

If anyone sells their Ninjas for that cheap should never collect ever again because they dont deserve something so nice. The only acception to sell someting under retail is if you need quick cash to survive and have to dump
something for cheap, but if you are not in any emergency then please trust me; you can sell these for above retail!

are you crazy. go to sideshow, Shao Kahn is going for $350 with free shipping. just one small example. I'm not going to get long winded here. Zangief....dido and thats a good looking piece.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #1333
Biggunz
Loki

don't know stautuehunter75 has been having his scorpion sitting on eBay for quite a while. no ones jumping at, but keep believing your opinion. facts are facts
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #1334
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
are you crazy. go to sideshow, Shao Kahn is going for $350 with free shipping. just one small example. I'm not going to get long winded here. Zangief....dido and thats a good looking piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
don't know stautuehunter75 has been having his scorpion sitting on eBay for quite a while. no ones jumping at, but keep believing your opinion. facts are facts
Exactly facts are facts and I had someone recently offer me $900 for Scorpion. Its the approach you take in how you sell something and Ebay is not the only way to sell these as well as once Sideshow sells that Shao he will be worth more then retail... Keep believing your opinion and I know not one statue of mine has ever went for under retail..

Maybe, if you understand sales tactics you can sell it better rather then putting it on ebay and praying for it to sell... A lot of collectors dont like buying through ebay and I know many collectors in the Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale area that will pay me higher prices for these pieces. Just like when someone on Ebay pays a higher price when sometimes they dont even realize the website still has stock available for cheaper.

Its all how you present the item and word yourself during a sale that can help sell a piece and clearly you would definitely get low balled and sell it for less since you cant understand how to even be a good seller... A great seller can sell a box of bricks without you even opening to check to see it is bricks. Not that I would ever do that, but the way you present something and knowing key selling points will help sell it for more.

Just because the Methods you see of selling this through an ebay seller not being able to push it or Sideshow dumping it for a lower price just to get the old stock out
Doesnt mean down the road when there are none being sold at retail and another MK fan rises up learning of the Shao Kahn 1/4 masterpiece I can gurantee it will sell for more.

Also, Sideshow just tossed these on their site after the whole PCS transition dabacle and many collectors online know about this unpleasant time. Not everyone offline is haunted by all the issues the productions ran into as well as people trashing a piece even when it looks great. The people offline are unbiased to that situatuon and are the customers that will pay higher then retail.

Not eveything appreciates right away and if you understand that the internet is not the only way to sell something then maybe you will realize it is possible to get more..

Many times I see a customers pay a higher price for an item on ebay when the item is still available through the retailer at regular price.

Haven't you heard a collectible is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Well, if you understand how to sell then you can discover that some wealthy people out there will buy it higher for the convenience of not having to spend time shopping around for it cheaper. They might not want to put the effort to even check a site like Sideshow even though its much cheaper there...

There are so many different kinds of customers psychologically that if you cant sell these for higher then retail then you are just not a good seller.. It can sit on a site like Sideshow because even though many in the collecting world know of Sideshow not eveyone is aware of them nor want to buy art online...

I know many people that rather get it from someone like me that is like a personal treasure hunter for them that pays me a fee or an art dealer locally and pays more for the convenience . Art is not cheap and when you have wealth I see many times when they want it, they just want it and money is not a barrier for them. So, paying the extra few hundred more is nothing to them...

Miami every year has Art Basel and you would cry when you see some art sell for 100k when it looks like my 9 year old niece made it... If art that looks like kiddies made it sells for 100k; are you kidding me you think you cant sell a $644 1/3 ninja for more?

You can schedule a time with me if you like me to teach you how to sell better.

By the way all the sales jobs I ever had I am always in the top selling brackets, sales employee of the month numerous times and learning the psycology of selling really works! When you learn how to read your potential buyer then you will know the right words to say to get them excited to buy it and it will definitely be higher then retail.

Timing plays a big factor on the aftermarket cost and since there are so many people in the world that when new collectors arise they also look to track down old pieces.

I had many friends starting out and when they see a 1/3 like the Ninjas in person they are not judging it by the negative nancies that talked drastically down about it when they are actually stellar pieces.. Like people here being so negative about the clothes when I can definitely say out the box the clothes is very good... I also at first judged and complained from seeing some bad photos, but once I had them in hand I was blown away on how amazing they turned out.

When someone is here with me observing the Ninjas in person then they can see the truth and not believe those nit picky negative collectors that expect the clothes to be Louis Vuitton. They see it in person and with the rare low ES they are definitely offering more then retail. If you have someone in person it is much easier to sell, especially when the Ninjas came out amazing!

Biggunz, I have a feeling you own none of these 1/3’s or do you have any of these statues? Everyone that has seen my 1/4 Shao in person loves him and I already had an offer for $675 for him which by the way is higher then the retail price.

I dont know where you are in the World, but in my area I have people willing to pay right now higher then retail for my Ninjas, but them next to the Lady Ninjas along with Goro coming just looks too good to sell. They have a great presence and are all worth higher then retail.

Dont let people here fool you into selling your statues below retail!

Also owning these pieces and seeing what I got as 1/3 for $644 is totally Worth it and in person the statue looks like its worth a lot more then that $644 by far. Many have seen mine in person and I have someone begging me to sell Scorpion to them for $900, but I dont want to get rid of him. They want to buy it local and they are a Huge MK fan.

Remember, its all who you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Well hopefully you get one and do a review.

Paid in full for the discount and I'm gonna have to see what this one looks like with my own eyeballs.
Wish someone was left that was excited. Hopefully Yak still gets his.

I am super excited for this and he will come out amazing.. So you know I own all the PCS nonhuman statues and they come out great. The QC on first Goro was great and I feel this will be great as well. My Kintaro also came out stunning. I have a good feeling this Goro will be an MK grail and all you missing out, cancelling, thinking they will get it cheaper down the line, good luck with that. Im sure this will not go for cheaper down the line.

Some people thought that with Darkness too and cancelled. Darkness is a Grail and he came out perfect. All that cancelled Darknesss you are missing out on an epic statue. You dont even need to see the Legend movie, like it or not and still can appreciate the stunning Darkness masterpiece! One of my favorite statues and I own about 80 statues. I am currently selling some locally and of course they are paying me higher then retail.

Chris, I would never sell this to you cheaper. By the way they only made 150 of them and when you see how epic it is dont worry you can have mine For 5k. That is the special discount price 3 years from now!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #1335
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

Lol all that effort to write this wall of text that nobody will bother reading. No, you are pretty much stuck with those statues and simply will barely make retail price back. So those guys that want to buy the ninjas at $900 are probably stupid or dont even exist. $900 for both ninjas? Yeah that sounds reasonable.

Sorry to let you know, you wont be making any profit off of these statues.
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #1336
Redsaleen
Justice League

This is where I laugh, these only have a value of what someone will pay. What you pay for them doesn’t mean that’s the value of them. To go on the notion that I pay 1500 for Goro it’s worth 1500 is not the truth.

And to complain that something u sell used , cause once Once that box is opened that’s what they are. So to complain about something a year after you bought it is not worth what you paid for it is how the world works.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #1337
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I've just sold all 3 of my 1/3 Ninjas for $2300, so around $766 each, so no they aren't worth $400 as some may think.

Not to say prices haven't taken a hit they obviously have and it's really a buyers market as we all know atm.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #1338
qz33
Rescue

It's not about economic market value or what someone can and will pay in the moment, which everyone is well aware.
Nor is it the same as a used/new car or other appliance analogy where there are factors other than appearance.

"Value" starts with a production company meeting or exceeding their own expectations they have set for themselves.

If the ninjas looked like the pictures nobody would be parting with their Scorpions, especially at less than they paid, period.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #1339
qz33
Rescue

If Goro looks like he's been promised people won't let it go regardless of changing tastes, lack of space, or collection direction.

Anything else and he'll quickly be on the bargain bin. ECC has licenses in Goro's range and double the Ninjas from licenses with an even less dedicated fanbase and you don't see their stuff going on discount.
If Atheris KNEW and believed he would be getting a copy of the prototype he'd still be paying the premium to get this thing because he would know it would retain it's personal AND financial value and that is a balance we all strive for whether we realize it or not.

QUALITY MATTERS.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #1340
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If the ninjas looked like the pictures nobody would be parting with their Scorpions, especially at less than they paid, period.
Right, the current price depression on these big ticket PCS releases starts with the PCS customers who felt they got less than their money's worth, which at this time it means a higher than normal supply making it a buyer's market. Buyers taking advantage of others' buyer's remorse. Great! With the 1/3s this is more extreme by being substantially bigger than 1/4, and it being a new scale for many.

Of course you can always find random people off the street who will overpay and be easily impressed by some average statue made a decade ago. Ebay has savvier buyers, but occasionally you'd luck out with buyers who appear to be collecting novices and they buy your statue for MSRP or higher.

Just remember that a few newbies will become discerning connoisseurs like us, and some will binge in a hurry and burn out. So it all evens out, somewhat. The idea that Oro, Gouken, or Liu Kang will become grails because some newbies were floored by them is laughable. (not knocking the quality of the aforementioned, perhaps save for LK - just using the poor sellers that came to mind)
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote