Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-31-2018, 10:49 AM   #21
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

What's the difference from a Comiquette vs Maquette? Since I started collecting I never understood the difference?
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:05 AM   #22
craigcliff1
Zot

Been this way far as I know for my 12 years of collecting. Comiquette would be 1/4, 1/5. Maquettes can be 1/4 or no scale Voltron. Galactus, Sent. Iron Man mostly 1/4 maquettes. Also Comiquettes have to comic book related. Rogue, Mags should be PFs, Gladiator Hulk should be a PF if 1/4. Maquette works great for Voltron, Galactus, Sent, anything else should be a PF if 1/4 or a statue if 1/5

Comiqutte just a fancy word for comic maquette, though they should be labeled as statues and maquette for non scale big pieces
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #23
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
What's the difference from a Comiquette vs Maquette? Since I started collecting I never understood the difference?
maquettes can mean many things and pretty much never designates scale - currently it could mean movie based, a "complex" piece or something of ambiguous scale (voltron)

the term comiquette is no longer used. originally it designated "fully sculpted" and was 1/4 scale, then it was changed to mean "1/5 scale"

i believe the current designations are:
statue = 1/5 scale
premium format = 1/4 scale
maquette = 1/4 scale / mixed scale
legendary scale = 1/2 scale
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #24
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
maquettes can mean many things and pretty much never designates scale - currently it could mean movie based, a "complex" piece or something of ambiguous scale (voltron)

the term comiquette is no longer used. originally it designated "fully sculpted" and was 1/4 scale, then it was changed to mean "1/5 scale"

i believe the current designations are:
statue = 1/5 scale
premium format = 1/4 scale
maquette = 1/4 scale / mixed scale
legendary scale = 1/2 scale
Oh ok. Thank you for clearing that up. Can be confusing.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 AM   #25
bıdık
Doh!

I'm a 1/5 scale collector myself, I was just thinking comiquettes were a dying breed, SS started avengers Assemble line which is not completely my taste or catch up with the old comiquettes, but gave a hope.

As we come to SS Female Comiquettes, my personal favorites are AH Mystique, Psylocke, AH Black Queen, AH White Queen, AH Black Cat, Sue Storm
bıdık is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:28 PM   #26
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by bıdık View Post

I'm a 1/5 scale collector myself, I was just thinking comiquettes were a dying breed, SS started avengers Assemble line which is not completely my taste or catch up with the old comiquettes, but gave a hope.

As we come to SS Female Comiquettes, my personal favorites are AH Mystique, Psylocke, AH Black Queen, AH White Queen, AH Black Cat, Sue Storm
Am more a DC than Marvel fan myself but am a huge X-men buff. I like you don't like the aesthetic of the Avengers Assemble line.

Am late getting into statue collecting and couldn't afford to get all the X-men comiquettes so just settled for the ladies. Am really digging my X-23 (didn't realize she was 1/4 scale but am going to keep her), Psylocke, White Queen, Magik, Rogue, and Mystique. Am on the fence with getting Black Queen.

As a 1/5 scale collector, have you purchased any of the Sideshow Artist Series statues? I myself am eyeing the Artgerm Harley and Catwoman statues.

Also, the Sideshow DC animated line should be 1/5 as well. But yeah, not a lot of 1/5 scale love.

P.S. Awesome collection btw!!!
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #27
adee
Green Arrow

Great collection bıdık!

SS has done some really nice pieces in 1/5.

The Adi Granov line looks very promising as well.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #28
bıdık
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Am more a DC than Marvel fan myself but am a huge X-men buff. I like you don't like the aesthetic of the Avengers Assemble line.

Am late getting into statue collecting and couldn't afford to get all the X-men comiquettes so just settled for the ladies. Am really digging my X-23 (didn't realize she was 1/4 scale but am going to keep her), Psylocke, White Queen, Magik, Rogue, and Mystique. Am on the fence with getting Black Queen.

As a 1/5 scale collector, have you purchased any of the Sideshow Artist Series statues? I myself am eyeing the Artgerm Harley and Catwoman statues.

Also, the Sideshow DC animated line should be 1/5 as well. But yeah, not a lot of 1/5 scale love.

P.S. Awesome collection btw!!!
Thanks

Unfortunately Apocalypse pf was the last piece which I bought years before, haven't bought anything since, so I can't say anything Sideshow Artist Series, just following the new figures from forums.

With old those new things coming, I still wish sideshow would continue with their Old Adam Hughes and Mark Brooks comiquette lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Great collection bıdık!

SS has done some really nice pieces in 1/5.

The Adi Granov line looks very promising as well.
Thanks adee

Compared with avengers assemble line, really Adi Granov line looks promising (at least according to me)

Also as I said movement in 1/5 scale makes me happy.

Just I have to choose more carefully what I'm buying lately

I was just abt to forget, I also like the Mark Brooks Spider-Verse collection, happy with Silk and Gwen but that Spider-Man
Old 01-18-2019, 07:57 AM   #29
Peedi
The Secret Six

The names for statues are worse than iPhones...7, 8, X? (Ten)

When I started collecting the main distinction was cloth or not:
Premium Format - always 1/4 scale WITH mixed media
Comiquette - 1/4 scale or smaller with NO mixed media. Mostly 1/5 scale.
(*fun fact, Rhino in 2012 was the last 1/4 Comiquette)
Maquette - different scales, mostly movie stuff (Avengers Hulk) but always a term they used whenever they felt it was appropriate, usually the more expensive stuff, also this scale was never designated by cloth or not even when PFs and Coms were.

Now, the Product Types are based on scale and scope rather than cloth as there’s examples from each that include mixed media or none:
Premium Format - always 1/4
Statue - Smaller than 1/4, mostly 1/5
Maquette - different scales, mostly 1/4, generally any statue they determine is more intricate or more involved in the design and execution process, often statues with possibly dangerous structural integrity, or big.

Then you have other types like
Legendary Scale Busts and Figures which indicate 1/2 scale
Life size pretty self explanatory
Diorama typically involves multiple characters or some type of extended scene
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #30
bıdık
Doh!

When I started this at 2011, to solve meaning all these terms was my biggest problem