Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #1791
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Damn, that looks great. Really looking forward to this piece. I have similar lighting so it should look really nice on my shelf.
I'm trying to decide what level to put him on. Ideally I'd like to put him on the bottom shelf because of display height limitations but I'm not sure how the angle will look. I'm hoping it's upward enough to look OK.

Now I need to think of who to display him with. My whole collection is yin yang.

I like both Sabertooth's and Omega Red is very tempting. I'm not to keen on Magneto. Not the sculpt itself but as a Wolverine nemesis.

Thoughts?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #1792
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Simply there isn’t one.

It matters in his context because I believe he’s referring to critics who deny this as currently the best 1/4 (yellow and blue)wolverine on the market, to which he asks, show me one better. (Granted if he isn’t specifically referring to yellow and blue wolverine then thats a different argument.) Even still, it is my favorite 1/4 wolverine on the market, and the best 1/4 depiction of the character.
We can have our personal preferences but there are objective standards even in art, i wouldn’t use the words ‘right and wrong’ but instead ‘betters’ or ’definitives’.

Exactly right, and thanks, as I could not have expressed it any better. I’m not trying to elevate this statue to ‘best’ status just because I believe it presently is, but rather trying to understand what the bashers are comparing it to? And if some take the stance that it’s all subjective, so live and let live, we’ll then why all the harsh critisim? Reminds of the old saying; If everything were relative cannibalism would be a matter of taste.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #1793
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'm trying to decide what level to put him on. Ideally I'd like to put him on the bottom shelf because of display height limitations but I'm not sure how the angle will look. I'm hoping it's upward enough to look OK.

Now I need to think of who to display him with. My whole collection is yin yang.

I like both Sabertooth's and Omega Red is very tempting. I'm not to keen on Magneto. Not the sculpt itself but as a Wolverine nemesis.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't display him low. You'll be looking down at the top of his head.

I'm displaying him with the Jean Gray PF. The yellow and green will really pop side by side.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #1794
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Im not sure why he went to trouble to show off proto again?? I want to know what the real piece looks like. It bothers me that he said if you don’t like redness of cheeks for what it cost it’s worth the money meaning if we wanted all appropriate elements changed the price would be way higher . Really? Hello XM I’ll pay double for my choice centre pieces knowing they are perfect . Thanks
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #1795
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Im not sure why he went to trouble to show off proto again?? I want to know what the real piece looks like. It bothers me that he said if you don’t like redness of cheeks for what it cost it’s worth the money meaning if we wanted all appropriate elements changed the price would be way higher . Really? Hello XM I’ll pay double for my choice centre pieces knowing they are perfect . Thanks
It's unclear to me whether it's proto or production. He described it as "pre-production" both on Facebook and in this video, but when I asked him if by pre-production he means prototype, he responded that he wasn't sure if it was a prototype or a production piece.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #1796
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Kelvin's Loke Facebook Live review of SS Wolvie...

Wolverine PF Reviewed by Kelvin Loke
He says it's not leaning but it clearly is
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #1797
adee
Green Arrow

He's leaning on live, not leaning in site pics, leaning in some pics not leaning in others. I'm super confused at what I'm looking at so just gonna open mine to decide.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #1798
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
He says it's not leaning but it clearly is
Agreed. This video did nothing but prove the piece is leaning.

I doubt very much this is a prototype, especially with the face changes we saw. This is most likely a factory production sample that Sideshow sent to him.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #1799
SONICobra
Batman

Ill be honest, the lean kind of bothers me... even more so because we saw it pretty much unfold before our eyes

- original prototype, smaller base no lean
- prototype on site, no lean
- revised base, all of a sudden statue has a lean
- confirmed incorrect statue paired with updated base causing lean
- no in hand pics with pretty much same exact lean...

i will judge in person before panicking but im almost thinking the factory didnt get the memo on the statue being revised to go with the updated base
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #1800
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

Thoughts?
My collection is similar. I have a little bit of everything. Mine will probably go next to red sonja. Lol

Ideally I'd like to have him eye level, but he'll probably look good in a high or low shelf. It's honestly hard to make a decision before we have him in hand. As far as who to pair him with I think he'd loom awesome with the newst sabertooth. The only thing that would bother me is the fact he's on a snow base and it wouldn't match up that great.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote