Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-30-2016, 06:34 AM   #31
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Yeah and I've noticed over there that people can't even mention the other grading company. They post stuff like he who can't be named for CBCS.
Voldemort?
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #32
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No. They just post stuff like that because CGC polices their forum and doesn't want others to know of the competition. Not like people don't research stuff since they have the Internet. Or at least I research before buying stuff.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:57 AM   #33
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

any update on the issues with the new cases? Sounds like the topic is censored at the CGC forum so I won't get a reall answer there.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #34
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I just received 6 books in the new cases and don't see anything wrong with them....yet...
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #35
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I just received 6 books in the new cases and don't see anything wrong with them....yet...
what do you mean by "yet" ... are there problems that surface (no pun intended) after you have had them for a while?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #36
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
what do you mean by "yet" ... are there problems that surface (no pun intended) after you have had them for a while?
That's what I'm unsure of? Not sure if it may get warping of blotches at a later date. As of now they look extremely clean but I've only had the books for less than a month. I basically got my books directly in the middle of their case upgrade. This was before they caught the "problem" BUT they had my books for 2 months after that announcement so I may have the corrected cases.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #37
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

With the first batch of new cases some problems developed over time. The worst of that was warping or bending inside the case.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM   #38
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

These cases should be fully tested before using them on customer's comics. Especially when you consider the cost of many old comics. Paying to have something go wrong inside the case is crazy. That's why I stick to mylar.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:55 AM   #39
Penoy
Fantastic Four

So I tried this out for a few books I have. I bought an issue from ebay that was cgc slabbed 9.8.. had the writer/artist sign them and this was witnessed by a cbcs rep. now it comes back as 9.6 with the noted "dings".

Dunno how i feel about it really..strongly that i should've just kept it intact but the rest of the books i tend to display are in mylars anad this was my only slabbed book.

Submitted 4 others that I honestly thought would get better grades too but at least I will have a uniformed row of books to display if I wanted to.

They also kept advertising that they were now grading recieved books on so and so dates but when i kept checking my account it was still in limbo status.. about half a month behind that advertised dates. I kept checking for updates to come. My excited anticipation quickly became annoying anticipation.

For a small timer like me, I dont think its worth all the trouble.
Penoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:36 PM   #40
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

5+ years since last post, and I'd like to hear any and all current thoughts about CGC, and slabbing in general.

I've never collected many comics. I only have a small number of TMNT Volume 1. I'm looking to get those out soon, and may want to slab one or two. Not planning to sell, but would like to protect the more valuable ones. Would probably display them after slabbing.

Have thoughts changed at all in the past several years? CGC is still the defacto standard, correct? Anyone prefer CBCS? EGS? What of CGC cases? I read through this thread, and there was some question about them years ago.

If I didn't slab, what are your recommendations for best bags/boards, and which is the best place to order from? Thanks in advance!
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote