Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #31
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Any idea when we might see the brown costumed Wolverine sneaked?

I'd love to at least see the concept art before the yellow/blue goes up for pre-order so I can make an informed decision on which piece I prefer.

Thanks.
We do have the Brown Wolverine concept art but it is still in the approval stages. It has been pushed back to avoid the same character launching at the same time (product cannibalism). We'd love to show it but are concerned about possibilities of recasters taking the idea and producing it before we do, which can be bad. So please bear with us until we are ready to reveal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
Second question, is there a full list of retailers carrying XM products?
Just added to the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Hey Bryan,

Because XM produces low edition sizes of their statues, does that mean you are open to less mainstream characters?

Is there a limit or threshold when choosing certain characters?

As you know, the Marvel universe is wide and varied, with plenty of characters yet to be represented by any company. It would be great if they could get some love.

Thanks very much.
Yup, we are definitely open to less mainstream characters. To be honest, it's a balance of business vs meeting fans' wish list. The reason why we are seemingly doing more mainstream characters first is to help us establish a good foundation and income - with this stability, we have more creative freedom on what characters we can do. The characters we choose also need to be vitoed by Marvel and they need to be convinced it is feasible before they approve it. There are some really cool characters we definitely want to have a go at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Does XM stand for anything in particular?
Hahaha! Great question! Here're a couple of possible meanings - you can pick one!

1) Xtraordinary Masterpieces
2) Xtreme Masterpieces
3) X-Factor Masterpieces
4) X Marks (the Spot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
Are there any plans on making a bulky ironman warmachine like 1.0? 2.0 doesnt really scream warmachine to me
Interesting idea but not on the list we have at the moment. Why not post it at our Facebook and see if it's a popular pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I just wanted to pass along my appreciation to Bryan for spending time here answering our questions and providing updates on current and future XM Studios projects. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what cool pieces to expect in the future. I also want to thank Hellboy for getting XM their own section on the forum. It is well deserved.
Awww Viper... that's nice. You come to Singapore, and I'll get you nice local grub! Hellboy too! D Rod too! Hell, all the mods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I'm in the same camp with wanting a Dark Phoenix. Personally I think a mirror pose would do the trick and you wouldn't get many folks complaining.

Are you still planning to do Emma Frost? Which version?

What's the timeframe for Fantastic Four as mentioned in the video interview? When will we see some WIPs and will it be all four members?

Any plans for an Angel/Archangel, Iceman or Beast?
It's tempting really to do mirror pose but also contradicts with our principles. We understand we charge a premium for our work - and we are duty bound to deliver original sculpts and creativity through that product. A repaint will make us really easy money, and once we get down that dark path... we might just turn to the dark side... muahahahah!!!! ahem... I digress... the REAL truth of the matter is, we are confident that we can produce different sculpts that are unique to each character - so we will take the hard route because you guys deserve more than just a repainted statue.

Fantastic Four is an unique case, the license seems to be more complicated involving several parties so we have taken a step back - still in discussions though. But if we do em, it will be all four for sure!

Emma frost has being considered due to popularity but has been pushed back. Archangel, Iceman, Beasts are all not on our list at the moment but again these can change so I wouldn't jump to conclusion that we won't do em.

Last edited by shorudan; 07-23-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #32
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thanks for answering our questions Bryan. I have two:

Will the painted Phoenix be revealed in September like Magneto and Thor?

Does XM having a DC license mean that Masters of the Universe characters (She-Ra!) could be made into statues?
Hey Bryan -- my Qs got lost in the shuffle. Damn boys with all their questions
Old 07-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

X-Men Questions

Hello Bryan,

When will Phoenix be available for order, and where would I go to order her when it's ready?

What other X-Men characters are planned for the near future? Storm would be great (Jim Lee version).

SL
Old 07-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #34
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Hey Bryan -- my Qs got lost in the shuffle. Damn boys with all their questions
Oops! My sincerest apologies fair lady Demona! Phoenix will be revealed in September in full color and she can be pre-ordered during that event earlier than anywhere else. We have been getting orders from resellers so you should be able to check with your reseller a couple of days after the event.

Aaaaaaand... tricky question you got there on DC but as of now, we only have the Marvel license so I can't really answer that question.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #35
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Hello Bryan,

When will Phoenix be available for order, and where would I go to order her when it's ready?

What other X-Men characters are planned for the near future? Storm would be great (Jim Lee version).

SL
Hey Storm Lover, Phoenix question answered in post just above. As for other X-men characters, we haven't confirmed on any yet - its still on the drawing board. We will reveal as soon as we get confirmation.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #36
jimaras2099
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

First France and then... shipping to Europe?
OMG thanks...i hope for that
Old 07-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #37
dr.banner
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Hello Brian thank you very much for being available for Q&A. Has a definite edition size been set for Magneto?
Old 07-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #38
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

BIG question - I want many of these pieces. Because there is no payment plans I need to budget accordingly, can XM do a bit better job of publicizing release dates or projected dates?

I want to support XM with many purchases but I need to know to plan financially.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #39
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
BIG question - I want many of these pieces. Because there is no payment plans I need to budget accordingly, can XM do a bit better job of publicizing release dates or projected dates?

I want to support XM with many purchases but I need to know to plan financially.

Thanks
Technically all these statues aren't up for PO yet. I am sure the release date will be announced when they go up for PO. And Shorudan mentioned that they were shooting for a statue every 2 months.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #40
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Hi Shorudan. Thnx for taking time to answer all our question!

Great company and amazing pieces! That said, my question;

I see you a license pending in Europe, but distributors like HEO and PBM are already selling your pieces. That Germany and The Netherlands. Are you selling directly to them or are they getting their pieces via a different channel?

I'm asking this because I would like to know how certain their promise to deliver is. Are you selling a set amount of pieces to them or are you selling to local resellers and online customers first? I.e. Is there a chance that, when I order through HEO or PBM I will end up empty handed?

Thank you very much for your answer!
Closed Thread