Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-02-2024, 08:31 AM   #7621
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Wow dope thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro design View Post
that's a great way to light that up!! thanks for the detailed info!!
Thanks! Happy to help others out with info.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:19 PM   #7622
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
It's much closer to 1:2 scale. Their "1:4" version is closer to 1/3 scale according to other collectors.
The 1/4 is huge, it just looks small next to this beast. I actually feel like the bgco is the perfect scale for a Predator. Big and eye catching, but still manageable and relatively affordable.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:26 PM   #7623
Kalo88
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipRing View Post
i had one broken head, they offered a replacement (after proof of destroying the original) or a $50 credit. I asked for a third option (mine was minor damage of a head i wasn't gonna use anyway), which they accepted, they're sending me hopper's dog tag from the bonus edition. to settle the matter.
How long did it take before they responded back to you?
Kalo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:36 PM   #7624
NipRing
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalo88 View Post
How long did it take before they responded back to you?
Maybe a week or so. I too was surprised at the meager $50 credit offer AND the fact they agreed to send the dog tag (way cheaper for them im sure).
NipRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:20 PM   #7625
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The 1/4 is huge, it just looks small next to this beast. I actually feel like the bgco is the perfect scale for a Predator. Big and eye catching, but still manageable and relatively affordable.
I've never seen the Prime "1/4" in person, but since you have all 3, what sounds more appealing to you.....getting the big game version from Prime with stock paint or getting the regular SWS maquette (regular) and having it completely repainted?

I used to have the Ex and was kind of sad to sell it because it was my first statue purchase, but I always wanted to get it repainted and maybe have the base customized a bit. I would probably have rubber quills added to it, as well.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:29 PM   #7626
Furyan
Mephisto

The 1/4 is an amazing statue,keeping mine even though I've got the 1/3. That said when you compare the head sculpts to the 1/3 it kinda killed that enjoyment for me,I keep the bio mask on my 1/4 and it's still one of my fav statues ever,the pose is perfect.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:18 PM   #7627
cigaro
Justice League

As I think a couple people did, I purchased this statue from the Prime 1 sale with absolutely no place to display him because I could not pass up the discount and free shipping, and i knew some day i would want to display this eventually when I had the space

I was quickly coming up on my 30 days from delivery so I had to do what I have been putting off: go to my storage unit, and open and inspect every part in these 3 monster boxes.

Luckily I had no breakages of any kind, the only issue I had is on one of the masks, there was a large chunk of paint that chipped off. Its right by the eye and looks really bad but I am sure Prime 1 will take care of me.

But what I really came to say is, WOW. This thing is an absolute beast, and even from just inspecting the parts without even putting it together I am blown away. The paint application is incredible. The base with water effect is incredible.

And damn it is true, no matter how much I read about it and how much people said it, I cannot believe how big this thing is going to be put together.

Congratulations to anyone who has this statue, I am so so so happy that I picked this up even if i might not be able to display it properly for a while.
cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 05:53 AM   #7628
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
The 1/4 is an amazing statue,keeping mine even though I've got the 1/3. That said when you compare the head sculpts to the 1/3 it kinda killed that enjoyment for me,I keep the bio mask on my 1/4 and it's still one of my fav statues ever,the pose is perfect.
Agreed!

Although the 1/3 JH Predator definitly is the superior statue, I have sold it and kept my 1/4 scale BGCA .It just scales much better with the rest of my 1/3 scaled collection.

The 1/3 JH Predator has a huge presence but carries along 3 artboxes, and is just to oversized/big for my liking. It unfortunately just doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. I also like the crouching pose a little bit better of the BGCA version.
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 01:31 PM   #7629
pro design
Frackin!

So here are the final versions I'm happy with on the paint and weathering for the custom parts I've made. Process to make them goes like this: manufactured, sanded, primered, painted, detailed, weathered, clear coated. Lot goes into making them! Lol

I know several of you have mentioned you are interested in picking them up. Easiest way is to just shoot me an email and let me know what you're looking for. pro_design1@yahoo.com Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5524.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	169567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5522.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	169568   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5521.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	169569   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5520.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	169570  
pro design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:28 PM   #7630
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Waiting on this big bastard to be delivered today.

Hoping that nothing is damaged
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote