Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #41
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
....in a chainmail barely covering her bewbs and privates. She's actually more covered here. It's Red Sonja, same as other Dynamite characters, ALL of them are practically naked dude, not sure if this topic is a good one to even argue about No warrior would use this type of armor in real life.
It's my opinion. Get over yourself DUDE.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:24 AM   #42
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
So Dynamite decides which statues SS makes? I'm a bit confused with your statement.

In XM's defense they only had the Marvel license for a long time and even now they only have a few other licenses compared to SS who has a pretty big choice of licenses to use.

I rather see SS make less statues so the ones they do make come out better. Or at least have more consistency, right now they make a few great statues and then they put out a few sub-par statues quality wise... With their constant rising prices they need to make sure all their statues come out great.

And yes I'm still bitter over my mutant Black Canary hand.
Yes but they also release product across all their licenses on a yearly basis. I mean people discount this because they may only collect one or two licenses but look at all the statues they put out across their many many licenses, it's gotta be crazy to see their in-development board.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #43
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It's my opinion. Get over yourself DUDE.
Jaysis man, relax, no need to get so defensive, just having a conversation with you. Your opinion vs mine, isn't that what we all do here?
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #44
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The XM statues have at least had different outfits for the most part. Red Sonja has the same outfit every time, and I'd argue that she is in no way as popular as any of the characters XM has redone. Everyone expects a million versions of Batman, Spider-Man, Hulk, etc, but Red Sonja? I guess a lot of my surprise and frustration about another Red Sonja PF is that it's taking the place of another piece Sideshow could make of a character that hasn't been done yet. How about Sideshow releasing more pieces to finish the lines they've started? Where's Star-Lord and Drax to go with the other GOTG? Where's Robin, Nightwing, Flash, Martian Manhunter, any of the Green Lanterns besides Sinestro and Green Lantern (that they've also doubled up on), Green Arrow, Two-Face, Doomsday, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Metallo, Black Manta, Zod, etc. Where are the rest of Spider-Man's villains? Where are Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Professor X, Kitty Pryde, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Archangel, etc.? It'd be nice to see any of those characters instead of yet another Wolverine, another Red Sonja, and Lady Deadpool.

SSC bought a license, and the license holder decides how that license can be used. If Dynamite said make another Sonja that is what SSC HAS to do, and Sonja had very little variation of her outfit.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #45
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Boobies.

That is all.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #46
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yes but they also release product across all their licenses on a yearly basis. I mean people discount this because they may only collect one or two licenses but look at all the statues they put out across their many many licenses, it's gotta be crazy to see their in-development board.

And yet we still don't have a Flash.

And your reply also makes my point about them producing to much at the cost of QC for some statues, as they have to use less talented factories to produce them in order to keep up with SS schedule.

It's not only a SS issue, It feels like all companies are producing way to much way to fast in this hobby. The gluttony of statues coming out is insane.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #47
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
And yet we still don't have a Flash.

And your reply also makes my point about them producing to much at the cost of QC for some statues, as they have to use less talented factories to produce them in order to keep up with SS schedule.

It's not only a SS issue, It feels like all companies are producing way to much way to fast in this hobby. The gluttony of statues coming out is insane.
Oh believe me, I'm well aware unfortunately.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:36 AM   #48
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
SSC bought a license, and the license holder decides how that license can be used. If Dynamite said make another Sonja that is what SSC HAS to do, and Sonja had very little variation of her outfit.
When did Dynamite buy out SS? If SS didn't want to do another Sonja statue they wouldn't have to. As far as the outfit and pose goes, yes Dynamite has the final say on that.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #49
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Ok, guys we ALL know that this is a 3rd in a row Red Sonja. Even my wife knows it. Can we get PAST this and talk about the statue itself? Grow up! Sideshow already knew the backlash by making a 3rd Red Sonja PFF so soon, but they decided to proceed. There is DEMAND for Red Sonja statues. PERIOD. PERIOD. PERIOD.

Now can we PLEASEEEEEEE talk about the sculpt and the teaser picture ? Grow up, for gods sake!
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #50
SONICobra
Batman

Looks good so far, nice detailing on the armor and weapons. Could look cool displayed with the others as a trio
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote