Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-24-2020, 11:59 AM   #21
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Whether he'd be open to owning his company or not, I do want him back in the game in some capacity.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #22
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I can tell you the game has changed and doing what he did with Marvel is much more complicated and expensive as you now deal directly with Disney. The licensing costs must be huge .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #23
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I do wish he had a hand in the TH model for the SP line. I would have liked smaller bases (Like he did) so they do not take up as much room and could have teams assembled and not have a such a large footprint. I love the TH stuff. but with the sweeping wind blown capes they take up as much room, or more, on a shelf as my 1:4 pieces.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:03 PM   #24
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I do wish he had a hand in the TH model for the SP line. I would have liked smaller bases (Like he did) so they do not take up as much room and could have teams assembled and not have a such a large footprint. I love the TH stuff. but with the sweeping wind blown capes they take up as much room, or more, on a shelf as my 1:4 pieces.
Fabric capes > Sculpted capes
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #25
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Fabric capes > Sculpted capes
I really appreciate the sculpted capes...but they would have looked just as good gently blowing in the breeze as opposed to whipped out in a gale force wind. Batman and Martian Manhunter's capes are huge on the TH statues. I have to carefully place them into my Detolf's so I do not bump the statue on either side.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
I really appreciate the sculpted capes...but they would have looked just as good gently blowing in the breeze as opposed to whipped out in a gale force wind. Batman and Martian Manhunter's capes are huge on the TH statues. I have to carefully place them into my Detolf's so I do not bump the statue on either side.
Yeah, but look what you can do with a cloth cape.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #27
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I can tell you the game has changed and doing what he did with Marvel is much more complicated and expensive as you now deal directly with Disney. The licensing costs must be huge .
Thanks to the success of the MCU I bet they are but from what I hear he can afford it.

If Bowen does return I think he should go after the G.I. Joe license. I think he'd nail the aesthetic for the nostalgic collectors.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:27 AM   #28
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Get some bigger shelves. Stop pissing on creativity because your detolf isn't big enough.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:44 AM   #29
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I can agree with you Jeremy I wouldn’t mind if the bases were slightly smaller. Now I wouldn’t want him to go as small as Bowen did in the later years where he just did a black circle but I don’t think they need to be quite the size of the Catwoman base either (though that base was pretty spectacular looking). I do have to say though I do like how the bases are individually tailored to the character that is standing on them.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:07 AM   #30
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzz View Post
Get some bigger shelves. Stop pissing on creativity because your detolf isn't big enough.
Wow....anger much?

Never said I didn't like them since I have bought them all. I also didn't say they wouldn't fit in the Detolf...because they do. Just wish some of the bases were a little smaller or billowing capes didn't make the statue twice as wide as it needed to be. I'm so very very sorry my opinion triggered you.