Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Sub-Mariner

Chris Columbus to Direct Sub-Mariner
Source: Variety
December 3, 2004

Chris Columbus, director of the first two "Harry Potter" films, will direct and produce Universal Pictures' adaptation of Marvel's Sub-Mariner, reports Variety.

Marvel Studios chairman-CEO Avi Arad and former Universal production president-turned-producer Kevin Misher are producing the film along with Columbus and his 1492 Productions.

David Self (Road to Perdition) wrote the script and is executive producing the film.

Sub-Mariner is based on Marvel's first superhero, Prince Namor, a half-amphibian man from the kingdom of Atlantis. A troubled rebel with a fierce temper, he has both helped the human race and fought against it when humankind polluted his underwater kingdom.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
AsOneDead
You got red on you

This could be cool.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #3
hellboydce
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

i'd rather see Aquaman starring Vincent Chase with a small role for Johnny Drama

hellboydce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Get ready for a bland, by the numbers Namor movie. The first two HP's were serviceable but nothing special at all
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

The article is from December 2004, unless it's been updated. I can't see them fast-tracking this over Captain America, Thor or Avengers. And for that matter, wouldn't be surprised to see a revisioned X-Men movie (closer to the comics) around 2012 or so.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Uh, unless I'm missing something, this story is almost four years old. And last I heard Columbus had moved on...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
The article is from December 2004, unless it's been updated. I can't see them fast-tracking this over Captain America, Thor or Avengers. And for that matter, wouldn't be surprised to see a revisioned X-Men movie (closer to the comics) around 2012 or so.
LOL! I was surfing on comingsoon.net on the homepage and on the right I saw this. Should've looked into it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

lol!! perhaps they will make Namor the misunderstood villain in the upcoming Avengers movie

but it will probably be Loki
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

Another news

Sub-Mariner will be directed by Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, U-571), according to Variety.

Universal Pictures wants Mostow to rewrite the David Self script they have in hand as well. According to Variety Mostow has cleared his schedule to make Sub-Mariner his next film.

Here's how the trade describes Sub-Mariner: "The comic, created by cartoonist Bill Everett in April 1939, centers on a young man who discovers he's actually a descendant from the long-lost kingdom of Atlantis. He turns out to be the key man in a brewing war between the underwater world and our own."

Kevin Misher will produce from his Misher Films company along with Marvel Studios.

Bob Gough
9/14/2006
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote