Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #331
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Jusko View Post
Hello, all!

It's been a little over two weeks since the cards were released, and I am still humbled and extremely flattered that the work I put into these cards is being so universally praised. It really means SO much to me!! As any artist can tell you, waiting for response to your work is one of the most anxiety filled parts of any project, especially one as highly anticipated as this. I apologize for the long wait, but if I gave less than my best the effort it would have been a futile endeavor in my eyes. I wanted the art to be something special and memorable. I'm happy that you all are happy with what I was able to achieve. Thanks again for ALL the kind words. They have made all the time and effort more than worthwhile. :-)

Thank you Mr Jusko for allowing me to feel like a kid again with these phenomenal cards. Your work is beyond appreciated and any complaints you might hear are most definitely directed towards Upper Deck and their handling of the product! I look forward to hopefully seeing you at the Twin Tiers Comic-Con next month!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:42 PM   #332
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Beautiful Black Cat painting.

Out of curiosity, are there seven (or more) versions of each card? Can you identify the subsetting of the cards in this pic? Do I see a plate card, signed, comic cover, gold border, purple border, and silver border?

Thanks!
In the pic I have the base card, What if..., Epic Purple, Legendary Orange and Gold Foil Signature series. The only versions I'm missing are the Red Spectrum that are 1/1(which I will never own) and the autographed 1/10. Also yes that is the Magenta printing plate (1/1) for the What if... version of the card which I am very happy to have scored!!
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:50 AM   #333
Joe Jusko
Artist
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Joe, your cards are great! I bought a couple of boxes and the majority of those will join your works from 1992. Your art really brings me back to my younger days, opening packs and enjoying the artwork and reading the details on the back. Its to tough to choose my favorite cards from both eras. Too bad Upper Deck did it this way, young kids won't get hooked if they can't afford them. Haha, thank you very much Joe.

Series 2?????
Given the opportunity, I would gladly do another set. This is probably the strongest body of work I've ever done.
Joe Jusko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #334
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Given the opportunity, I would gladly do another set. This is probably the strongest body of work I've ever done.
It shows. We appreciate your efforts and talent.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #335
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
as long as it is not Upper Deck!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #336
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Opened another box - Highlights include a Mirage card. I always wanted to pull a Mirage card - and I wanted either this one (due to some faves being together) or the Guardians of the Galaxy one, so I am very happy.

Crazy thing, the sketch card doesn't have an artist written on the back like all the others do, and no signature on the front - making it impossible to indentify, at least to my eye
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #337
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
as long as it is not Upper Deck!
Upper Deck is the only trading card company with the Marvel license now.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:12 AM   #338
premium_substit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I've been wanting this since I was 7 years old in 1992 when Joe Juskos first marvel masterpiece set came out, I grew up with those cards and still love them to this day, I just read that Joe Jusko has been commissioned to complete a 135 card masterpiece set for later on in 2014, and he will paint and complete the whole set himself, this is epic news for any old school card collectors like myself! anyone else excited about this? my biggest gripe with new marvel card sets is the lack of original artwork, seems like that wont be the case with this set thankfully
You have a PM
Old 07-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #339
premium_substit

FFFFffff... yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Box 3

This was a great box for me. Very fitting since my favourite character is Apocalypse and I scored a Legendary Orange of him. Not the rarest of cards, but is to me
This time I found one a little rarer. I was soooo lucky to even pull a 1/1 (my 1 and only), but to be my single most favourite character, that is just unreal This set s very high in the sentiment value to me lol.

Red Spectrum Apocalypse!

Thank you once again for creating these (literal ) masterpieces Joe!!

Funny thing is it was grouped with the crappiest sketch ever (out of respect for the artist I shall not post :P), I thought the box was a dud, until I got that gift from the Card Gods

And another nice score from epacks (seperate box)

Old 07-24-2016, 07:17 PM   #340
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post

Funny thing is it was grouped with the crappiest sketch ever (out of respect for the artist I shall not post :P), I thought the box was a dud, until I got that gift from the Card Gods
Not as bad as that phoenix sketch I posted the link to IMO
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote