Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Tim Sale Never heard of the guy.
hate you...
gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

now come on Ken...you want to suck all the life out of the surprise... if you have to know, i've got about six or seven commissions set up for Baltimore, and i have another great piece i put on hold with an artist who's work i've liked for a long time, he just hadn't done a pinup of a character i had to have...till yesterday, that is. all will be revealed in time, but i've already had a great Baltmore con, and i haven't even left yet.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #13
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

scottsdale saint will be pickin up a finch electro head sketch and a finch daredevil torso piece for me, thanks ss
next in line for a philip tan home commission having dd huggin the cross , cant wait for that
also currently mike deodato is doing a bullseye and gladiator commision for me
so far thats about all i can say for now.
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #14
Son of Jor-El

Well I have a John Byrne Commission coming of Orion.I am on Finch's list for a Hulk.Also getting 2 Cover recreations on by Bob McLeod and the Other by Bob Layton.Hopefully I can make some cons these next few months and pick up some pages and some more commissions.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #15
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsdale Saint View Post
now come on Ken...you want to suck all the life out of the surprise... if you have to know, i've got about six or seven commissions set up for Baltimore, and i have another great piece i put on hold with an artist who's work i've liked for a long time, he just hadn't done a pinup of a character i had to have...till yesterday, that is. all will be revealed in time, but i've already had a great Baltmore con, and i haven't even left yet.
Not trying to ruin the suprise, just curious. I just know I'm not the only one working on getting new stuff. I can't wait to see what you bring back from Baltimore!

I don't have any commissions but I should have some new published art to share soon.

Oh, and next year I am definitely going to a couple more shows. I'll go to Wizard World LA and San Diego like always but I'm also going to add Emerald City and Baltimore.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 AM   #16
Scottsdale Saint
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Not trying to ruin the suprise, just curious. I just know I'm not the only one working on getting new stuff. I can't wait to see what you bring back from Baltimore!

I don't have any commissions but I should have some new published art to share soon.

Oh, and next year I am definitely going to a couple more shows. I'll go to Wizard World LA and San Diego like always but I'm also going to add Emerald City and Baltimore.
i'm just yanking your chain a little bit Ken, no worries. it's cool that you're adding Emerald Con to your list, as it's also on the permanent list for me as well. they added Van Sciver, Ottley, and Cheung for next year's guest list so i'm already excited.

everything i've lined up is commissions only; there hasn't been a lot of published art that has either been available or within a price i'd like to pay, so i've gone commission heavy the last year and a half. it's just difficult with my original art budget to justify spending 'X' amount of dollars on one page when i could get a half dozen or so commissions for the same price. that could change to some degree, but i think i really like the process of meeting artists and developing friendships too much to not continue getting commissions primarily, for the imminent future.
Scottsdale Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #17
goingbroke223
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

i love commissions, lol lol
goingbroke223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #18
SD RUM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I still have some Philip Tan prints that need to get framed
SD RUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Ron Lim stuff of course
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #20
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

I have a Ivan Reis Wonder Woman commission that has just been inked by Marc Campos who does most of his published work. I am waiting on the final result but the pencil was awesome.
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote