Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-27-2022, 12:42 PM   #121
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

this one isn't on the same level as the 1987 offering, nice but that piece is on an entirely different level.

i think they really failed with the choice of the pose. certain angles it's looks so weird:

the left hand kills me:

they really should've based the statue on this shot with a more aggressive stance, combing these two pics:

making something like this:

the pose of this piece has a Sideshow P2 Maquette feel to it and i despise the Sideshow P2 Maquette.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #122
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm getting the JH bust so I can use the closed-mouth portrait with the full statue, but if the statue turns out like crap, I can at least keep the bust and repaint it.

Might do the same with the CH. I don't care for the body proportions or pose at all, but the bust is perfect.
That's initially what I wanted to do until I saw the price of the JH bust (and I imagine CH will be no different). Also, and it is a nitpick, but I'm not a huge fan of the metallic base on the JH bust or the amour plates that ride up the back (not something you'd really see). CH bust looks good, hopefully they offer the screaming portrait. And I imagine Wolf from AVPR will be made at some point... those three busts lined up would be pretty cool.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #123
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

I can live with the pose. Wish the knees werent so bent though. They need to offer a wall display to mount those trophies. Two seem to come with bases of their own but scattering the rest on the floor will look tacky.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #124
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
It's very clear this promo photo was the inspiration, down to the curvature of the torso. Unfortunately they chose to bring that back foot in, weakening the stance.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:55 PM   #125
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:15 PM   #126
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Basically the JH 1/3 rehashed with a few different ornaments and slightly different head paint (*cough* decals ). I’ll stick with the JH and the 1/4 wall art.
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:23 PM   #127
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

This guy is the license manager and had this to say…

However, their base is in fact obviously inspired by the Predator ship and not the rooftop of the meat factory. Furthermore, the final battle did not take place on the rooftop. It took place within the Predator ship. I guess it’s all just semantics of the facts, but this is how mistakes happen. To me it’s a wonderful example of why flaws can happen with statues.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:26 PM   #128
deadrodian
The Spirit

was this one posted yet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97F993F1-C0BC-4E19-B3BC-0F961F5B26C4.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	149088  
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:36 PM   #129
deadrodian
The Spirit

I'm not 100% sold, but probably will end up with the regular, I remember watching this movie for the first time. I was 17, recovering after my first surgery ever in hospital bed, guy from the bed next to me left earlier that day so I was all alone in the room, watching in the middle of the night with my laptop lying on the stomach... such a vibe, there's not many movies I feel genuine nostalgia towards, but p2 is definitely one of them
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:01 PM   #130
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
You said you wanted a relaxed standing pose with combi stick to the side; that?s pretty much what this is. No King Willie head swap out hand though.

Not really, I said this pose (Below) would suit it. But that isn't what we got which is fine. I explained all of my issues with the actual chosen pose so I won;t rehash them. I just think it'd look so much better if he weren't looking into his large shoulder armour.

Python is offline   Reply With Quote