Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-04-2024, 02:38 PM   #11
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Was she the first Bishoujo or something? Seems an odd character choice....

If they do Emma I'd bite.
No, two years earlier the first was Black Widow. Followed by Scarlet Witch and Rogue. It?s like someone at koto keeps accidentally stepping on the Bishoujo hose. So much inconsistency.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:56 PM   #12
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Frick! This is gorgeous. I want this so badly. The face is WAY better on this one than the Bishoujo (though I still love the Bishoujo). I really want to see how the larger scale looks. *Starts scoping out the JP stores...*
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 07:52 PM   #13
HieroJux
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Is this the first 1/6 bishoujo from Kotobukiya?

I don't remember seeing a bishoujo in 1/6 before. I dig it, tho. Might just have to get this one.
No they did Ms. Marvel (warbird) and her variant Binary at 1/6, seemingly by mistake.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 10:10 PM   #14
SLO_MO
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
At least this isn?t a straight rescale. The face is much improved and the base design is better. I?ll get this overseas. Amiami price is about 153 USD.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-168563
Looks like an entirely new sculpt, which is so weird to me. Have we ever seen a company just straight up redo a piece entirely years later?
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:37 AM   #15
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
That's a great price.

...But what is the shipping cost normally? To the US especially.
Depends on shipping method.Amiami doesn?t provide an estimate until order is ready. First my cc comlany charges 3% for currency conversion which is cheaper than Paypal.

I usually buy multiple anime figures from Amiami, my latest order had seven 1/8 scale figures and it cost $60 for Surface Mail which takes about 70 days. Then there is another order that Amiami required EMS which had nine anime figures which cost $150 and takes about 20 days.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:35 PM   #16
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
No they did Ms. Marvel (warbird) and her variant Binary at 1/6, seemingly by mistake.
Oh ok ...so at least 2 bishoujos have been done in 1/6. Didn't know that.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 12:37 PM   #17
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Depends on shipping method.Amiami doesn?t provide an estimate until order is ready. First my cc comlany charges 3% for currency conversion which is cheaper than Paypal.

I usually buy multiple anime figures from Amiami, my latest order had seven 1/8 scale figures and it cost $60 for Surface Mail which takes about 70 days. Then there is another order that Amiami required EMS which had nine anime figures which cost $150 and takes about 20 days.

I see. So if I just buy one item, then the shipping cost is on the high side. But buying several items helps to spread the cost, technically. Understood, thanks.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 02:04 PM   #18
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

They have never officially released any bishoujo in 1/6 scale prior to this piece. The Ms. Marvel pieces, while a tad larger, were never advertised as such. I have both of them, and do not consider them to be an entire scale larger than all of the other bishoujo I own.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 02:50 PM   #19
jedi_don

Quote:
I see. So if I just buy one item, then the shipping cost is on the high side. But buying several items helps to spread the cost, technically. Understood, thanks.
Even with higher shipping costs, it is still significantly cheaper than buying from US sellers. And sometime even if I choose the cheaper ?slow boat? method, I will get my figures before the US sellers.

EMS gets delivered by US post office while the Surface Mail Premium gets sent to handling company in the US who the puts the package in the UPS system. I live in So Cal not far from the port of Long Beach and not far from a UPS hub, so my packages usually don?t get lost or beat up. I have strangely on occasion have had my Asia shipped packages coming in a port in Florida.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:54 PM   #20
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO_MO View Post
Looks like an entirely new sculpt, which is so weird to me. Have we ever seen a company just straight up redo a piece entirely years later?
Ow that you mention it, I see in closer inspection the wrinkles in the clothing and position of the foot is different. Ot sure if they started with the same digital sculpt or just started over again. I have seen Hot Toys revisit the same exact figure and change it. And I have seen separate companies base their statues / figures from the same art. But It sure I have seen the same company revisit and art design over again.