Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-17-2019, 07:21 AM   #361
chronos1919
Nightwing

How much of the decision of which costume to go with do you think is the manufacturer vs the license holder?
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #362
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
How much of the decision of which costume to go with do you think is the manufacturer vs the license holder?
From what I've seen over the years, the manufacturer submits a list of characters they want to use for approval to the license holder. Costume choice is all on the manufacturer. They have all the choices in costumes. Just look at all the liberties Sideshow has taken with some character's costumes so far. No way DC forced the Deathstroker PF on us. I believe Igo also said the latest WW PF costume was originally very different but DC forced Sideshow to use a more recognizable costume. Even though the Thanos MAQ was wildly popular, Sideshow took great pride in telling everyone they were very happy with all the liberties they took with Thanos' costume because of all the details they added (most would agree). Then there's the dog collar Cap PF with racing stripes (not so well received).

Ultimately, Marvel and DC has final approval of every statue that Sideshow releases under their licenses. However, Sideshow chose all the costumes and obviously have no problem taking liberties with any costume choices. That said, the license holder always has the final say on their properties. That doesn't stop Sideshow from trying to push their limits though.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #363
chronos1919
Nightwing

Interesting. In the case of Wonder Woman I’m glad the license holder wanted her to be more recognizable. I think it turned out great.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #364
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Interesting. In the case of Wonder Woman I’m glad the license holder wanted her to be more recognizable. I think it turned out great.
Yeah, anytime Marvel or DC forces manufacturers to stick to more comic accurate costumes, I'm a very happy camper. I do wonder who fell asleep at the wheel over at DC when the Deathstroker PF was approved though. Everyone involved in that debacle dropped the ball IMO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #365
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

These three look like swingers

Something is going down tonight
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #366
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Anybody ordering this guy. Odd no EX
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...25?me=7zr1tr5r
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:31 PM   #367
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Yeah, it's beyond frustrating at this point. A Lee Cyke PF was basically the only version of the character that I didn't want.
Sideshow never has really done classic costumes, and i had the Astonishing cyclops Bowen statue, which seemed almost no one was looking for in the after market. Jim lee era sells, but maybe this will be the last one SS does, and will move onto different costumes.

On another note, what if we all missed it, and the reason why the ground is burned is because a Pyro PF is coming ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #368
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I will be ordering eventually. This one not near as eye catching as some other trcent x-men pieces, Rogue, Gambit, Juggernaut etc. Still like this Cyclops a lot and will pair nice with the upcoming Jean.
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #369
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
Anybody ordering this guy. Odd no EX
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...25?me=7zr1tr5r
Quite surprised there's no EX as well. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come or just a one-off?
Old 10-17-2019, 04:01 PM   #370
Rav
The Spirit

They do no Ex once in a while to throw retailers a bone. Longtime collectors will recognize the trend.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote