Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-29-2019, 08:33 PM   #1861
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I'd be less concerned with what they price it at and more concerned about how long it will actually take them to have it ready to go for people. At P1's pace, who knows how long it will take. And in this instance the time certainly matters.

As for the size discussion, it's been done a million times over. Yep.....P1 makes big stuff. If you'd prefer 1/4 that's all well and fine but that's not what they make and I don't see them doing that for quite a long time considering the licensing although I'll say again I have no idea how they're allowed to make the Zero Year 1/4 Batman. Why does Sideshow not challenge that if they really have the exclusive license. And please don't tell me the product page says 1/3 lol. It's not 1/3. We all know it's not.

Anyway I love what P1 does as I'm someone who would rather have a small amount of statues of characters I really like rather than a lot of statues of characters I kind of like but just think the statues look cool. When it's all said and done I'll have about 12 statues, and close to half of them will be P1 1/3's. For me, they just make the best/most interesting stuff.

Right now in my front room I've got 2 long stands and I currently have 5 statues along it; XM Studios 1/4 Captain America, Sideshow 1/4 Wolverine, Sideshow 1/4 Wonder Woman, and the P1 Hush Batman & Superman. Whenever someone comes in the house, the 1/4's may as well not even be there lol. All anyone looks at is Batman/Superman.
I have to keep my 1/4 Samurai stuff away from my 1/3s for that very reason. 1/3s are just so impressive and have so much presence and details IMO. I'm like you and only want to have a few characters I love in higher quality scales.

Also, my 1/6 TH Martian Manhunter is nearly as tall as my 1/4 Poison Ivy at almost a fourth the price. I feel like I should just collect 1/6 instead of 1/4 for characters that aren't yet in 1/3.

Oh, and for the replacement part for Hush, it should be free. Should be out later this year according to the facebook posts. I hope people will take their Hush statue down to prevent leaning while they wait on the part. They probably won't lol.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:35 PM   #1862
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I have to keep my 1/4 Samurai stuff away from my 1/3s for that very reason. 1/3s are just so impressive and have so much presence and details IMO.

Also, my 1/6 TH Martian Manhunter is nearly as tall as my 1/4 Poison Ivy at almost a fourth the price. I feel like I should just collect 1/6 instead of 1/4 for characters that aren't yet in 1/3.
Yeah, I've pretty much made the decision to say good bye to 1/4.

My plan moving forward is 1/5 for Marvel statues (I'm really liking the Avengers Assemble line and I hope they continue on with it) and 1/3 for Batman-related statues. And that's about it.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #1863
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Has there been any 3D render teasers of catwoman
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #1864
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I got notice from Prime 1 that my black Batman Hush statue will ship in 1-4 weeks.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #1865
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I got notice from Prime 1 that my black Batman Hush statue will ship in 1-4 weeks.
Someone posted pics of theirs on the P1 FB group. It did include the cape support piece too. Nice looking statue. 👍
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #1866
mva5580

Can someone post a picture of the cape support? I'm just wondering if it makes a tangible difference.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #1867
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Can someone post a picture of the cape support? I'm just wondering if it makes a tangible difference.
I don't think anyone has it yet.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 AM   #1868
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Some guy got the black variant already with the cape support. Pics on the P1 Facebook group.
Sonic Boom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #1869
Gothamite
Phoenix

GameStop just released Catwoman and Joker (as well as Batman) statues based on Hush.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #1870
mva5580

I'd have no problem at all with P1 making Hush statues of each that look like that.