Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-06-2019, 09:29 AM   #91
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Back when Fox had the rights to The Fantastic Four, Marvel kind of pushed the characters out of their comics, running no FF books & having the team disband & semi-disappear from the comic-u. I wonder if Marvel/Disney might do this again with Spidey, now that they've lost him. I know Spiderman is a big part of the comic universe, but so was the FF when they pushed them back.
I highly doubt they will cancel many of the 27 (Just made a number up, there are a lot!) current Spider-Man related books...too much money to be had.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #92
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Back when Fox had the rights to The Fantastic Four, Marvel kind of pushed the characters out of their comics, running no FF books & having the team disband & semi-disappear from the comic-u. I wonder if Marvel/Disney might do this again with Spidey, now that they've lost him. I know Spiderman is a big part of the comic universe, but so was the FF when they pushed them back.
Spider-Man is the face of the company and consistently among best selling titles. What they may do is not have him involved in "event" aspects and really push certain characters, but I struggle to see them not putting out "Amazing Spider-Man" every month for decades to come.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:37 PM   #93
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just don't like how Spidey had already become a major part of the MCU. Now Spidey is going to make movies and there will be no reference to the MCU. It's gonna be weird. Does Sony own everything Spidey related?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #94
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I just don't like how Spidey had already become a major part of the MCU. Now Spidey is going to make movies and there will be no reference to the MCU. It's gonna be weird. Does Sony own everything Spider related?
They own the live action and animated feature film rights to Spider-Man and related characters (so villains and allies) as long as they continue to make films with in a certain time frame. They also have a deal for the publishing rights to the game but that can be taken from them by Disney.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #95
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

These Sony idiots better not ruin this sh!t. If they recast I think my head will explode. I think Sony got cocky with the success of Venom and then got delusional about the last Spidey making over a billion. They probably thinking a billion???? F Disney. I've always hated Sony but again if they blow this I'm gonna be pissed.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #96
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
These Sony idiots better not ruin this sh!t. If they recast I think my head will explode. I think Sony got cocky with the success of Venom and then got delusional about the last Spidey making over a billion. They probably thinking a billion???? F Disney. I've always hated Sony but again if they blow this I'm gonna be pissed.
Tom Holland is staying. They are making 5-6 Spider-Man related tv shows along with the movies in production for Morbius and Kraven and Venom 2.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #97
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Tom Holland is staying. They are making 5-6 Spider-Man related tv shows along with the movies in production for Morbius and Kraven and Venom 2.
None of that means they won't screw it up.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:04 PM   #98
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Spider-Man is the face of the company and consistently among best selling titles. What they may do is not have him involved in "event" aspects and really push certain characters, but I struggle to see them not putting out "Amazing Spider-Man" every month for decades to come.
I’d have thought the same of The Fantastic Four, for decades Marvel’s flagship title. But that exactly what they did.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #99
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I’d have thought the same of The Fantastic Four, for decades Marvel’s flagship title. But that exactly what they did.
This, exactly. I understand that Spiderman is still an (the?) very important character for Marvel, but so were the FF until they were basically black-listed by the publisher. With the success of the MCU, I'm not sure if he matters as much as he once did in comics. Marvel now has the choice to showcase anybody character that they own & used in the films as a spokesperson & figure-head.
I guess it would depend on exactly how well Spiderman comics sell for the company & how much actual money they make from them. Sure, they could still sell Spiderman sheets, lunchboxes, toys & bread & butter items, but they could shift back in the comics just like they did with the FF.
With the rise of company dollars on the backs of cinematic universes, why promote another companies' movie property when they make so much more $ for the rights owner?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #100
Shoo
Hercules

The FF were historically important for Marvel, but Spidey is light years away from them when it comes to actual relevance ($), guys. No way is Marvel going to go all Ike Perlmutter on him.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote