Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #321
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladylusiphur View Post
Yeah, I'm sure Black Adam will be the first one they bring out after Joker.

In my dreams. *sigh*
I know. I'm not quite sure why he's celebrating all of the B and C list characters coming from Sideshow. Based on that preview display they had, he's got a long wait ahead of him. DCD will put out a crappy Shazam Family Build-A-Scene before Sideshow gets around to Black Adam.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #322
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I know. I'm not quite sure why he's celebrating all of the B and C list characters coming from Sideshow. Based on that preview display they had, he's got a long wait ahead of him. DCD will put out a crappy Shazam Family Build-A-Scene before Sideshow gets around to Black Adam.
Probably still faster than the rate DCD is coming out with them.
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #323
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzylojiks View Post
I called you a troll because you were abrasive and rude to others of dissenting opinion, correcting spelling and grammatical mistakes and putting people down due to their background and education. You were reported several times, and admitted to being contacted by mods so you obviously went too far. Where have I done that in my last post? Simply because you disagree with another's opinion is no reason to call someone a troll.
First of all, here is the "went too far" message:

BEGIN: Just a friendly PM to ask you to scale back the tone of some of your posts a little. There's been a couple of complaints, so I did some research and some stuff you've posted lately does come a little close to what would be considered acceptable.

No real drama, just letting you know. END

Fuzzylojiks, your school boy celebration of my "smackdown" by the mods clearly indicate your level of maturity. The only reason I don't go out in a blaze of vitriolic glory is because getting banned only leaves collectors of good intent (Matches, Ladyluisphur, etc.) with one less ally in the fight against ad hominem attacks on the DCD pieces that we find appealing.

As for "dissenting opinion," you offer NOTHING in the way of substantive criticism regarding the Joker MQ (which is what this thread is about,) beyond a blanket "sucks," while I on the other hand, have offered my exact rationale for buying it, and disliking the SS PF Joker. Your SS buddy, VS1976, can't write or type his way out of a paper bag, and yet I'm supposed to give his juvenile opinions credence?

Unlike you and the other SSC Gestapo, I own the pieces I'm critiquing, or have an interest in obtaining them. Since I've been collecting BATMAN memorabilia for over four decades, obviously any Joker piece is of intense interest to me.

It's not what I'm smoking, it's what SSC is paying you to diss everything that DCD does that I'd like a piece of. And if you're not a paid shill, then why do you have such a pathological love for a TOY company? I own quite a few SSC pieces, and I like them a great deal. Do you own ANY DCD pieces? If so, do you like anything about them? If not...

why are you here irritating the real collectors?

With two clicks of my mouse, I could be on the SS Joker PF thread urinating on everyone's cornflakes, but out of respect to those that like their Joker figures feminine, I choose not to.

Next time I come back to this thread, I'll have some new photos of the Joker MQ, the topic of this thread.
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #324
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

museum quality! wahahahhahahahahaha
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #325
Fuzzylojiks
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yet more insults, I guess you can't put forth your opinion without them.

I've offered tons of negative critique on many SSC pieces, as anyone who bother to read my posts can attest to, so that's another failed assumption on your part. It's pretty sad that you have to resort to character assassinations and grammar policing to try to attack others who merely have a different opinion from you.

And funny you didn't address the fact that you thought that it's a 'misconception' on my part for thinking DCD didn't produce enough lesser known characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
Fuzzylojiks, your school boy celebration of my "smackdown" by the mods clearly indicate your level of maturity. The only reason I don't go out in a blaze of vitriolic glory is because getting banned only leaves collectors of good intent (Matches, Ladyluisphur, etc.) with one less ally in the fight against ad hominem attacks on the DCD pieces that we find appealing.

As for "dissenting opinion," you offer NOTHING in the way of substantive criticism regarding the Joker MQ (which is what this thread is about,) beyond a blanket "sucks," while I on the other hand, have offered my exact rationale for buying it, and disliking the SS PF Joker. Your SS buddy, VS1976, can't write or type his way out of a paper bag, and yet I'm supposed to give his juvenile opinions credence?

It's not what I'm smoking, it's what SSC is paying you to diss everything that DCD does that I'd like a piece of. And if you're not a paid shill, then why do you have such a pathological love for a TOY company?
Fuzzylojiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #326
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Re: Batman vs. Croc

Totally rad piece. DCD's problem is that Walter now works for Sideshow and Ray is gone.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #327
The Batman Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
See you got your electricity back. Still waiting to hear from some of my LI friends.

premium format! wahahahhahahahahaha
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #328
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor View Post
First of all, here is the "went too far" message:

BEGIN: Just a friendly PM to ask you to scale back the tone of some of your posts a little. There's been a couple of complaints, so I did some research and some stuff you've posted lately does come a little close to what would be considered acceptable.

No real drama, just letting you know. END

Unlike you and the other SSC Gestapo, I own the pieces I'm critiquing, or have an interest in obtaining them. Since I've been collecting BATMAN memorabilia for over four decades, obviously any Joker piece is of intense interest to me.

It's not what I'm smoking, it's what SSC is paying you to diss everything that DCD does that I'd like a piece of. And if you're not a paid shill, then why do you have such a pathological love for a TOY company? I own quite a few SSC pieces, and I like them a great deal. Do you own ANY DCD pieces? If so, do you like anything about them? If not...

why are you here irritating the real collectors?

With two clicks of my mouse, I could be on the SS Joker PF thread urinating on everyone's cornflakes, but out of respect to those that like their Joker figures feminine, I choose not to.

Next time I come back to this thread, I'll have some new photos of the Joker MQ, the topic of this thread.
If this thread is about Joker MQ, why would you even start bashing SSC Joker back in post #167 of yours?

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=167
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #329
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
MQ comes to an end with SSC producing 1:4 scale PFs.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #330
The Batman Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMatrix View Post
If this thread is about Joker MQ, why would you even start bashing SSC Joker back in post #167 of yours?

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=167
Reading is key here. I stated that I bought the DCD, and that I did not like the Joker PF. I was told that I should prepare for a lynching. I stated my exact reasons for not liking the prototype that I saw, and that it was inferior to the promo shots on SSC's website (a bad sign,) in subsequent posts.

As for my "misconception" statement, here's my thinking- everyone knows who Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, etc. are, but go onto any street and ask a passerby :

Who's Etrigan? Power Girl? Parallax? Sinestro? Killer Croc? Harley Quinn? Gorilla Grodd? Impulse? The Spectre? Constantine? Soloman Grundy? Darkseid? Et cetera, et cetera.

DCD has given us statues and busts of all of these and more. Of course I'm puzzled why we haven't gotten a Mr. Freeze, or Ra's, or Clayface. I would love to see DCD (or SSC) produce them. But to say that we haven't gotten lesser known characters from DCD is in error.

Has SSC produced a Doctor Octopus?