Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #21
blink90210
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Gah, I wish I wasn't working this weekend! Seems that all the cool kids will be at this event. Come on DC, we need "DC Street Art Battle" event as well!
blink90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #22
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

*cough* Powerman*cough* *cough*blackPanther*cough**cough*classic rogue*cough*

Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:14 AM   #23
mez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It was a bit of a strange event. I think it was aimed at kids who may get into comics but weren't yet. The focus was at the marvel street art mostly. Which was in an alley next to the gallery. The two characters were basically to scale which was cool, if you were in the front few rows and could see them. They held 3-4 Q&A's with David, the issue being the MC had never opened a comic book before and the audience questions were mainly from kids. In the small signing time (I think it was about 30-40 minutes) David pumped out some pretty cool sketches. Sadly they made it autographs only about 5-6 people ahead of me (bummer). But aside from that, David seemed to be nice, I got to meet Rocket in person and spoke to some of the local talent (Tom Taylor, Colin Wilson and Triston Jones, who all signed my books - less to carry at the next con).

I really should mention the art. In the gallery were a number of covers and pages by Yardin and they were all pretty impressive. Worth having a quick look in if your in the area.

Now David just has to go to a con soon so I can get a sketch.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #24
mez

So I went to the 'Home Cooked Comics Festival' and it was interesting. Met some cool people but there really wasn't much to do (and it was HOT!). I hope that next year they get an artist alley up and running. But I did get a very nice Catwoman sketch by a guy called Tom Tung.

I edited the the first post with two new events but in case you skipped it, here are all the details.

The first is The Festival of the Photocopier. It's a zine festival run by Sticky Institute. This will be my first time at the event, but from what I read there are a tonne of local creators who'll have tables. So I'm looking forward to getting a few zines/mimi comics and sketches.

When: Sunday 12th of Feb (1pm - 6pm)
Where: The Melbourne Town Hall
Cost: Free

The Second event is The Big Arse Comic Launch #2. This picture will give you a better idea of it.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #25
mez

This ^ is on tomorrow. Hope to see some forumers attend.