Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #1351
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Looks like Fox is not going to call it quits just yet.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73052
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:39 AM   #1352
SONICobra
Batman

i hope they do make a sequel and it does even worse than this poor attempt
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #1353
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i hope they do make a sequel and it does even worse than this poor attempt
I hope they just call it good and let the license revert back to Marvel. Not so much because I want a proper FF film, as I don't really care for the characters all that much, but to give back Marvel all the quality cosmic characters like Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc. that are attached to them.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:15 PM   #1354
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I wonder if the FF4 license precludes them making a solo Silver Surfer movie of if they would be even interested.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 PM   #1355
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

They could make a SS film if they wanted to but I'd wager they'd consider it far too risky given the cost to produce and the failure of FF given it's the character's one big tie-in they control. They should deal their cosmic characters to Marvel similar to Spider-Man IMO. I don't ever see them doing anything with them otherwise.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #1356
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

There is no way Fox is going to produce another Fantastic Four movie . Not even the International Market saved it, which really says something. And Marvel is not going to support the brand until some kind of a deal is reached. This is just typical studio posturing, face saving, and possibly a negotiating tactic. I think at this point it all sort of depends on whether Fox wants quick cash or whether they want to hold onto the rights until the last possible minute, pushing back any plans of a Marvel reboot as much as possible
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:21 AM   #1357
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I hope they just call it good and let the license revert back to Marvel. Not so much because I want a proper FF film, as I don't really care for the characters all that much, but to give back Marvel all the quality cosmic characters like Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc. that are attached to them.
I hadn't thought of that, good point
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:54 AM   #1358
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Agreed...but I want all of the cosmic characters back with Marvel, including Gladiator, the Imperial Guard, and the whole Shi'ar Empire to go along with the Kree and the Skrull!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:14 AM   #1359
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Agreed...but I want all of the cosmic characters back with Marvel, including Gladiator, the Imperial Guard, and the whole Shi'ar Empire to go along with the Kree and the Skrull!
I don't think tying Gladiator, the Imperial Guard and the Shi'ar Empire into FOX's X-Universe is out of the question and for that reason I don't see them letting go of those. Silver Surfer, Galactus and even the Kree and Skrull seem like a better fit with what Marvel is building in their cinematic universe though.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #1360
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

If Fox decides to not to pursue another FF movie, i won't go back to Marvel anytime soon. There was eight years between the release of the last two FF movies. And it was about 10 years after Daredevil when it went back to Marvel. Depending in the terms Fox could have extended the licenses if they were "working" on a movie like developing scripts. At any rate, it will be a while before the license can go back to Marvel. No reason for Fox to hand it back to them earlier unless some deal it worked out.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote