Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
rychehitman
Galactus

Fantastic Four (2015)(The movie that met all expectations)

verjoyed:

Quote:

The Fantastic Four reboot news continues to roll in with yet another pretty big casting rumor. According to the gang over at CBM 20th Century Fox is pursuing Bruce Willis to provide the voice of The Thing who will be a full CGI character in this new Fantastic Four reboot. Willis would also portray the character in a few little scenes as a human during the open credits. I think Willis is actually a great choice for the role.

Fox is really going all out on trying to make this a big film production with big names attached. As it stands now they are also looking at bringing in Adrien Brody or Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Alice Eve as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman, Kevin Pennington as Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, and Stephen Moyer as Doctor Doom.

As we reported earlier today, the studio is also looking at three directors to take on the project, these directors include David Yates, Joe Carnahan, James McTeigue.

Nothing is official yet on any of this news, as of right now it's all just in the discussion phase. It should be interesting to see how much any of this news actually pans out.

According to the current Marvel comics continuity, the character Benjamin "Ben" Grimm was born on Yancy Street in New York City's Lower East Side. Ben had an early life of poverty and hardship, shaping young Grimm into a tough, streetwise scrapper. His older brother Daniel, whom Ben idolized, was killed in a street gang fight when Ben was eight years old. Excelling in football as a high school student, Ben received a full scholarship to Empire State University, where he meets his eventual life-long friend in a teenage genius named Reed Richards, as well as future enemy Victor Von Doom. After finishing college, having earned multiple advanced degrees in engineering, Grimm joins the United States Marine Corps, where he is trained as a test pilot. Following this, he crossed over into the United States Air Force and becomes an astronaut for NASA. This was all before the fateful accident in space which caused him to transform into The Thing.

http://geektyrant.com/news/2010/8/29...ontent=Twitter

Last edited by Bullseye; 02-20-2014 at 05:22 AM.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Bruce has a gruff type of voice, I can see it. Still not sure about who they are thinking of for Reed though.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Willis is good, but in my imagination Ben Grimm has a much gruffer voice...

That being said, wouldn't it be a kick to get some voice actor with a really high pitched voice (kinda like when Bruce Willis whines)???

pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I guess its better than Mel Gibson.....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
MrYac
Hercules

so John McClane is Ben and Bill the vampire is Doom, could be interesting....
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Not bad. Although the other day I was thinking Micky Rourke would make a good Ben Grimm and then could voice the Thing.
Adrien Brody might not be bad. To me Alice Eve looks too young, because she should be more mature IMO (late 20s) and Kevin Pennington too old, because I think Johnny should be 18 or 19, but I'm guessing they want someone like Chris Evans, although they seem to be tossing this kid's name around for every Marvel Movie--X-Men 1st Class, Avengers as Hawkeye. Go figure.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Simon Williams
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bruce as Ben is pretty good.
Simon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
ratchet
Mandarin

So Bruce is Ben...

And Mikey from Look Who's Talking...

ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocruze View Post
Willis is good, but in my imagination Ben Grimm has a much gruffer voice...

That being said, wouldn't it be a kick to get some voice actor with a really high pitched voice (kinda like when Bruce Willis whines)???

This is exactly what I was thinking. Willis' voice is way to whinney to be the voice of Ben Grimm. It should be a voice that rumbles IMO....
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote