Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-05-2017, 03:31 PM   #4651
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odank View Post
All hobbies fall within their respective range of disposable income. If you're into high-end statue collectibles like these the range is going to be different than let's say someone that's into RC cars or Lego. It's among the more expensive hobbies, not quite like collecting cars or jewelry but still, expensive when seen through an average median household income in the US. If Thanos EX is only 1 of 2 or 3 pieces that you are getting in the entire year, then you justify it. If you have an addiction or like to fill bestas and cabinets then you obviously have a different perspective. People should do research on what it takes a company to produce such a piece in quantity and how much they would have to sell to break even before thinking about if it's a rip-off. What is their expected profit margin on any piece, how many do they need to sell in order to justify production? I wonder how many collectors think of those aspects? If the end result is ---- then none of that matters.
Few and far between.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #4652
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
Wait, so you guys are allowed to express your opinion and I can't provide my opinion of your opinion and I'm taking it personally? K.

FYI. There's nothing personal, I got my EX and Print, the tears and complaints do confuse me though, especially from people that handed over their money and are still mad.
Again, why does it bother you? Let them complain and cry. What does it matter? For the record, I didn't say you couldn't complain about it, but it seems your patience is wearing thin when you're telling collectors to stop complaining and don't buy. Let everybody say their piece. What's the big deal?
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #4653
adee
Green Arrow

People can complain about the price, I didn't love it, but the fact is it's not gong to change. A 1200 statue sold out in under 20 mins.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #4654
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Sometimes stepping away from a thread for a while works best.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #4655
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
People can complain about the price, I didn't love it, but the fact is it's not gong to change. A 1200 statue sold out in under 20 mins.
Some peeps think it's overpriced but looks phenomenal, some peeps think it's priced properly and looks phenomenal, and some collectors think it's under priced and looks phenomenal. They are all going to discuss their points of view. What I don't get is why a member would bother to chase peeps with contrary posts around this thread and tell them to basically shut up about the price and don't buy it if they think it's too much. Why bother? No one is going to change their stance on the topic so let everybody express their opinion.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #4656
adee
Green Arrow

Who thinks it's under priced?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #4657
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Wait, so you guys are allowed to express your opinion and I can't provide my opinion of your opinion and I'm taking it personally? K.

FYI. There's nothing personal, I got my EX and Print, the tears and complaints do confuse me though, especially from people that handed over their money and are still mad.
People buy things everyday that they don't agree with on pricing. This is a more than common occurrence. I have eaten a $15 burger before it was an amazing burger but I will never agree with a burger being $15 but I'm will pay because it's a slight luxury.
Thanos is a limited luxury. It doesn't matter how anyone feels data from other pieces and history shows that it is overpriced. But people don't want to miss out on the piece. There is nothing wrong with voicing displeasure, but complaining everyday about it won't change anything.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #4658
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post

makes no difference complaining about it, you either pony up if its worth it to you or pass
Quote:
Then don't buy it, that says more than if you complain about it on a forum but end up ordering it anyways.
Quote:

Funny gif. Anyways, not complaining. I still buy these stuff, too many...
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #4659
ob1ob
Birdman

wrong thread
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #4660
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey, If someone could photo shop Thanos beside King Hulk I can decide if this is really twice as large, Twice as heavy and twice as much quality paint apps. They both came out in the same few years so really at double the price there should be no comparison and this should make King Hulk look small, cheap and poorly painted. If that is the case I will get one but the Sideshow pics beside a couple of little girls is deceiving and I would like to see it beside King Hulk, New Hulk PFs and hey, since he is gesturing to someone to someone to his left, Abomination Premium format is gesturing to some to his right so that would be a great comparison, I am having a feeling though that Abomination would make Thanos look small and like he is about to eat a fire hydrant. Would love to see some photo shop pics to show us the real size and not compared beside two of the smallest PFs made (Little lady statues) Here is hoping, I just cant picture it in my head and for this price, Size matters!
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote