Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 PM   #5751
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Ya this smiling portrait has made some of you lose your damn minds.
Thanos is truly evil. His master plan is to rip statue collectors apart, taunting them with his "exclusive portrait". ---- you Thanos!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #5752
tormentedbliss
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

this statue will be amazing and im not worried about it falling below retail, people must not think thousands of new collectors will be coming into the hobby 5 years from now. In which case they missed this piece, just like dr doom, an es of 3,000 sucks, but wont stop me from ordering, im ordering cuz its a phenomenal statue, not cuz of a low or high ES. The regret on the faces of those who didnt order....priceless
tormentedbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #5753
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Sure, it's marketing, but the whole concept of an exclusive is a marketing ploy as well. So why is one marketing ploy better than another?

Pre-ordering is the biggest problem in this business. And I say that acknowledging I'm as guilty of doing it as anyone else. If we didn't all pre-order like sheep, companies would have to actually earn our money by delivering on prototypes in a timely manner. Instead, we complain that they have the nerve to try to market regulars because apparently we've earned some distinction by pre-ordering exclusives. And I say that as someone whose collection is 80%+ exclusives. It's silly.

If we didn't buy into this crap, companies would be forced out of complacency because we wouldn't be handing them interest-free loans, and free money in the form of cancelled deposits.
I think we've maybe missed each other somewhere in the translation COI.

The only thing I've been addressing the whole time is the change from calling the regulars "regular" to calling them Collector's Editions.

Just funny that regular was no longer sufficient for Sideshow after all this time.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #5754
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think we've maybe missed each other somewhere in the translation COI.

The only thing I've been addressing the whole time is the change from calling the regulars "regular" to calling them Collector's Editions.

Just funny that regular was no longer sufficient for Sideshow after all this time.
From a marketing perspective, it's probably the best way to do it. Introduce new product nomenclature with their new signature piece.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:30 AM   #5755
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
this statue will be amazing and im not worried about it falling below retail, people must not think thousands of new collectors will be coming into the hobby 5 years from now. In which case they missed this piece, just like dr doom, an es of 3,000 sucks, but wont stop me from ordering, im ordering cuz its a phenomenal statue, not cuz of a low or high ES. The regret on the faces of those who didnt order....priceless
I completely disagree with most of this for many reasons, but I will just leave it at that.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #5756
SpawnDude
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormentedbliss View Post
Wow! I must disagree as well, and loads of reasons why not but will leave it alone as well. This looks like it was written by Sideshow by there marketing team.
SpawnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #5757
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For 1200.00 PF plus shipping this hopefully will make both sides happy. One things for sure this is really the price of two pf's.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #5758
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #5759
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpawnDude View Post
Wow! I must disagree as well, and loads of reasons why not but will leave it alone as well. This looks like it was written by Sideshow by there marketing team.

Which part are you guys disagreeing with? That the regular will hold its value, or that he buys what he likes without regard to ES?

It's my opinion that if a statue is good enough it will hold its value even with a high ES, and that you should only buy what you really like and not worry about ES anyway. I guess it's the same old discussion. If I love a statue I'll buy it even if they make 30,000 of them. No one ever came to my house and said "Wow that's awesome, but they made 5000 of them, bummer dude!"
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #5760
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Which part are you guys disagreeing with? That the regular will hold its value, or that he buys what he likes without regard to ES?

It's my opinion that if a statue is good enough it will hold its value even with a high ES, and that you should only buy what you really like and not worry about ES anyway. I guess it's the same old discussion. If I love a statue I'll buy it even if they make 30,000 of them. No one ever came to my house and said "Wow that's awesome, but they made 5000 of them, bummer dude!"
This guy gets it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote