Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #6151
adee
Green Arrow

I dunno, I may not be able to hang with the big boys here, I have 14 quarter scale pieces 13 of them are from Sideshow and I've only had one QC issue which was quickly rectified.

Just good luck?

I think it's really hard to get on a company that offers a full refund if you're unsatisfied.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #6152
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I dunno, I may not be able to hang with the big boys here, I have 14 quarter scale pieces 13 of them are from Sideshow and I've only had one QC issue which was quickly rectified.

Just good luck?

I think it's really hard to get on a company that offers a full refund if you're unsatisfied.
the dilemma here is that, in some cases, they no longer take ownership for defects. Rather, they attribute the flaw to "the beauty of individual artistic craftsmanship" or they will say "they're all like that" and you will have to eat the shipping costs both ways if you return it.

Mighty expensive, especially if you don't live in the US (and never mind the ordeal of trying to get the taxes you paid back from your local gov).

Happened to me with a joker statue that had crappy teeth and a googly eye.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #6153
adee
Green Arrow

I just think SS gets a bum rap from the vocal minority sometimes. My heart certainly goes out to anyone who's had issues in the past but from my experience the customer service has been excellent. As for customers overseas I totally get it but it's the same or worse for US when buying from other companies. It's very difficult to return or exchange. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naive but I'm not very worried about QC on Thanos. As long as SS does what they've done for me up until this point I feel pretty confident in my purchase.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #6154
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:

Just good luck?

I have 10 statues so far from sideshow with more on the way. out of those 10, 5 have had scrapes, paint rubbed off or poorly applied, or parts straight up broken off of them.

So either you have good luck, or I have really bad luck to have a 50% issue rate. Thankfully CS has been pretty good in offering partial credits or replacement parts.
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #6155
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
He was right though, superior quality at a cheaper price point. Nothing against SSC they just had to up their profits like any business and make more money since the demand went up. All I can say is Quality suffered in the end which pissed a lot of us off. I have NO problem paying more money as long as quality is high and I see it in the end product but when the product comes with flaws I get upset like anyone else would.

With that said I really HOPE SSC blows this statue out of the water and comes back stronger than ever making a statement that they can deliver a quality product to their loyal customers.
I'd argue against superior quality, I can't argue against cheaper prices... but that is just the way the world works. I used to be able to get a full size bag of chips for 75 cents, now it's 4.99. There are way too many factors to just saying "things have gotten to expensive."

Quote:
I just think SS gets a bum rap from the vocal minority sometimes. My heart certainly goes out to anyone who's had issues in the past but from my experience the customer service has been excellent. As for customers overseas I totally get it but it's the same or worse for US when buying from other companies. It's very difficult to return or exchange. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic or naive but I'm not very worried about QC on Thanos. As long as SS does what they've done for me up until this point I feel pretty confident in my purchase.
I agree with this. I've only been collecting for I guess 4 years now and I have found that when someone gets a statue they love, they post they love it and move on. When someone gets a statue with an "issue" they post about it... then post again... and again... then bring it up everytime SS gets mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post
I have 10 statues so far from sideshow with more on the way. out of those 10, 5 have had scrapes, paint rubbed off or poorly applied, or parts straight up broken off of them.

So either you have good luck, or I have really bad luck to have a 50% issue rate. Thankfully CS has been pretty good in offering partial credits or replacement parts.
Not necessarily you... but some of these people who complain can also be a tad more "sensitive" than others. I've seen people post a pic on facebook calling for the masses to storm SS because of a defect and it is literally a paint blemish you need the image magnified to see. Some people expect perfection, and while obviously we should all get a great product, these are $500 - $1200 statues... not $10,000 one of a kind pieces.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:26 AM   #6156
adee
Green Arrow

I guess it really is a case by case scenario but why continue to buy from a company you're continually unsatisfied with? Not saying anyone forfeits their right to complain but fool me once...

Sometimes I just feel like people are negative for the sake of being negative. I hope everyone who ordered one gets a piece they're happy with.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #6157
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
I guess it really is a case by case scenario but why continue to buy from a company you're continually unsatisfied with? Not saying anyone forfeits their right to complain but fool me once...

Sometimes I just feel like people are negative for the sake of being negative. I hope everyone who ordered one gets a piece they're happy with.
The first part of you statement I didn't understand at first but I get it now. Sideshow has a hold on a lot of good licenses and make exceptional statues. So for many people sideshow is an only option. They want something but then the company doesn't always deliver on expectations. Which is understandable. It's like asking why people keep shopping at Walmart when they hate it. People realize it's the most affordable place to shop. I can't stand subway but there is a subways literally 50 feet from my job some days I'm just like sure whatever I'll get subway lol.

The second part of your statement idk. that gets really annoying, some people get a glimps of a rendering not even in full and immediate go full rage hate on it. Silly
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #6158
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfnar View Post

You are definitely in the minority to have a 50% fail rate You must have an awful post office, or are just really unlucky.

I currently have 36 1/4 pieces, 31 are SS, and if you add 1/5 and 1/6 that number goes up much higher, plus I had to sell a bunch of pieces last year. Not a brag post, just stating how much business I have done with them and MOST of those orders I was overseas at a military installation for, meaning they had to send them through USPS and military post to get to me, lots of opportunities for breakage.

Out of that lot, I received 1 (ONE) broken statue. Also, I had a statue I broke a hand on when assembling that they replaced the part free of charge. A couple of times I needed a replacement part (Ivy body missing heel, R2D2 dome) or it was very minor issue that I did get a credit on or a replacement for. The only piece I ever had to return for QC was brown wolverine, because the base was pitted/scratched and they had no replacements.

So in some 80 successfully delivered orders, I have had to contact them probably 7-8 times, once for damage in transit, and only had to return a piece for QC once. I would say they do a pretty good job.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #6159
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

These positive numbers please me. As much as I give SS the benefit of the doubt, I won't feel 100% at ease until the Titan lands and he is in hand with no issues.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #6160
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
You are definitely in the minority to have a 50% fail rate You must have an awful post office, or are just really unlucky.
Or really picky. For a reason, but still...
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote