Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 12-06-2017, 04:35 AM   #181
Manu81
The Spirit

Congratulations Masa! I am waiting to order this one...there are 2 1/3 statues to come that interest me a lot, specially prime 1’s one. Also there is the fact that I would like to see closer pics of this...this statue is really awesome but as the representation of the whole alien, I would like it as perfect as possible and I don’t know which company will be closer to my expectations
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #182
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Such an easy preorder, ordered 1.5 seconds after getting the email from Sideshow. This ones' too good to pass up, even though I'm a little Aliened out.

I agree that this piece is incredible and I want it. It's the coolprops production side of things that makes thing as less easy to hit that order button. That said, I'd most likely will as this thing is beautiful, and not much more money than the very average 1/4 Predator maquettes we've seen lately.

I'd like to at least know the ES however....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #183
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu81 View Post
Congratulations Masa! I am waiting to order this one...there are 2 1/3 statues to come that interest me a lot, specially prime 1’s one. Also there is the fact that I would like to see closer pics of this...this statue is really awesome but as the representation of the whole alien, I would like it as perfect as possible and I don’t know which company will be closer to my expectations
Thanks Manu. No doubt it’s best to wait it out and see the final product instead of rolling the dice on these collectibles and pre ordering. Less hassle. With Prime 1s track record there’s no doubt paint will be a woo factor. Look at the dog, beautiful. If you keep the bust and are happy with it, it may be a difficult choice for you to not get this. Even if it’s not perfect. Prime 1 said they will do a Big Chap, but highly doubtful on replicating this Giger Museum piece again. Decisions decisions lol. I think the case is a really nice add in and to get that custom made would be very north of 100. So good deals there. Hopefully they announce an ES for us all. If they do a very low ES then you may panic and push that pre order button lol.

Also, keep in mind that the Sano Giger is considered the best by many. I have 2 of them and agree with that. Even the Sano Giger has very simplistic paint. So, personally I’m good with this more simplistic approach on the CP Giger. Definitely less room for error from their factory.

Last edited by Masa_yodamorph; 12-06-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Adding
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #184
Python
Omega Red

He's a big boy...

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #185
thx217
Ultimates

Looks bigger than that in person.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #186
Manu81
The Spirit

Masa..Tomorrow I will press the buton..stay tunned...looool. You are absolutely right..bust+ this rulesss and rules muchooooo (a lot!!lol)
Thanks
Old 12-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #187
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Masa..Tomorrow I will press the buton..stay tunned...looool. You are absolutely right..bust+ this rulesss and rules muchooooo (a lot!!lol)
Thanks
Lol Manu, thanks. But don’t make a decision from my opinion. Stay with your original opinion and wait to see the final product. Or at least wait till there is an ES because if it’s a 1000, we all know it won’t sell out. And then you will save yourself the hassle if you are unhappy with the final product. If it’s 200 ES well then maybe push the panic button to make sure you secured one lol. Just a suggestion of course.

Also, know that this will be 1000 instead of 1500 for me because of points. So I will most likely be less nit picky and more lenient. I’m also cool with tinkering a piece to my liking as well, which is why I kept their other busts(I repainted them). The size alone is why, even if it doesn’t come out great, I will keep it. I tend to be a little different with my collecting ways.

Last edited by Masa_yodamorph; 12-06-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 12-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #188
Manu81
The Spirit

Lol! Don’t worry Masa. If I press the buton tomorrow, it will be enterely my fault.

Me too I think is the best companion to the bust, they are based on the same sculpt. also the prize it’s ok for me.

Prime 1 I believe it would be more expesibe or with a bigger base that won’t fit in vitrine. Mi doubt was with the other statue, I don’t remind the name, that will be also 1/3 but because of the pose but because of its pose, would perfectly fit into my vitrine...however, sculpt is not exactely the same than the bust (but very accurated also) and I think it will be more expensive too.

I will tell you tomorrow...anyway...what an awesome alien collection do you have!! I only have space for the bust and I am triying to find more place for the maquette
Old 12-06-2017, 07:34 PM   #189
HeromanPunch
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Looks great in photo, in person I wasn’t impressed but who can afford a ecc alien these days...
HeromanPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:19 PM   #190
Masa_yodamorph

Quote:
Lol! Don’t worry Masa. If I press the buton tomorrow, it will be enterely my fault.

Me too I think is the best companion to the bust, they are based on the same sculpt. also the prize it’s ok for me.

Prime 1 I believe it would be more expesibe or with a bigger base that won’t fit in vitrine. Mi doubt was with the other statue, I don’t remind the name, that will be also 1/3 but because of the pose but because of its pose, would perfectly fit into my vitrine...however, sculpt is not exactely the same than the bust (but very accurated also) and I think it will be more expensive too.

I will tell you tomorrow...anyway...what an awesome alien collection do you have!! I only have space for the bust and I am triying to find more place for the maquette
Lol Manu

No doubt Prime 1s will be fantastic and more expensive. But I agree this is a perfect companion to the bust. The 2 empty slots, in my pic, are for the bust and the Maquette. I almost want to ditch that and make a pedastel so they can be together on display. Decisions decisions. Yeah, space is always an issue. Another reason why I didn’t go ahead with the matrix Queen was for that very reason. I would t be able to display it without it disrupting my collection room or properly displaying it nicely. But good luck with your trigger finger Manu