Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 AM   #1001
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
What do you guys think of this interpretation?

OG ivy/green with envy still pretty good imo, my second favorite now, i prefer the newer ivy overall. But i do really like the sculpt on the OG, newman is one of my favorite sculptors.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #1002
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I loved the original Ivy. Sold her last year. There was always something about her face that I didn't like. Not sure if it was the sculpt or the paint app, but I always felt it was the weakest part of the statue. Can't say I regret selling her, but she did look really good in my collection.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #1003
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
What do you guys think of this interpretation?

]

I have her and she is still the best Ivy to my eyes. I was one of the lucky who had a good paint job. And I had the green envy variant also, but decided to keep only the OG one.
I don't remember who sculpted it, but IMO he did an awesome job, far better than the new one.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:21 AM   #1004
Mister H
Gen 13

Can't go wrong with either one IMO. The OG has a more old school, temptress feel to it, which I like. The new one has a more modern, slutty feel with the realistic proportions and sculpt, which I also like.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #1005
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Can't go wrong with either one IMO. The OG has a more old school, temptress feel to it, which I like. The new one has a more modern, slutty feel with the realistic proportions and sculpt, which I also like.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #1006
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I loved the original Ivy. Sold her last year. There was always something about her face that I didn't like. Not sure if it was the sculpt or the paint app, but I always felt it was the weakest part of the statue. Can't say I regret selling her, but she did look really good in my collection.
It was the face sculpt for me, had to much of lau's anime vibe, which appears to be very popular around here atleast (the anime cutesy feel), it was the reason i never bought it. I prefer the modern slutty feel.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #1007
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hey Shane, I have a question because you are one of the biggest lovers of this Poison Ivy piece and have liked everything about the pose and display options. BUT I'm confused as to when we saw the art direction makes it hard to display, you come back with things like....it's great and original and collectors shouldn't worry because we never see the back of the statues....

Yet in the Elektra thread you said, "It better be a forward facing portrait. Missed opportunity for multiple display options if it isn't that."

Elektra has close to the same profile display. So why is Poison Ivy great, but Elektra would be a "missed opportunity"?

Color me confused...
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #1008
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Because of the design, the Elektra would allow for it to easily work. With this piece having an exposed neck/collar bone the sculpt wouldn't allow it. I'm not against multiple display options, but I know when it can and can't work.

Also, I really like the Elektra pose, but not a big fan of the portrait. It would be a missed opportunity, with the way that statue is design, if they don't also add another portrait facing foward.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #1009
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I prefer the modern slutty feel.
....Right on.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #1010
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I wonder if SS took a lazy route on the lack of ab and quad musculature because she wouldn't be displayed that way. Think about it, the ONLY muscle you see is in the back which is the only display option.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote