Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #121
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
He-Man isn't bad, but i still prefer the 200X, but look at something like Clawful and tell me with a straight face the original is a better design
I agree 100%. The redesigned Clawful is one of the best redesigns ever done in MOTU. Clawful is a very popular MOTU character. Try to get the stactions of any of these MOTU characters and good luck!!! The stactions were some of the coolest mini statues and I was severly disheartened when they discontinued the line. But what they did was nothing short of sensational. I had just about every single staction and loved it immensely!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #122
fflamingmoe
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Its like trying to compare a Commodore Amiga PC to a current gen PC today. Great nostalgia but just doesn't compare on a technological and efficiency standpoint.[/QUOTE]

Not true at all.
Back in the day it took one factory to build 1 car.
Today it takes more then 10 factories to build 1 car.
How much polution do you think those factories give off building that 1 car?
Back in the day,i could fix my car myself without paying a dime.
Today's car life expectancy is 6 years.
30 to 50 years ago it was 10 to 15 years.
If it's just gass efficiency you look for expect to be buying a new car in 6 years or a trade in.
I'm old fashioned,i say if it's not broke don't fix it.lol
Back to HE-MAN
fflamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #123
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflamingmoe View Post
Its like trying to compare a Commodore Amiga PC to a current gen PC today. Great nostalgia but just doesn't compare on a technological and efficiency standpoint.
Not true at all.
Back in the day it took one factory to build 1 car.
Today it takes more then 10 factories to build 1 car.
How much polution do you think those factories give off building that 1 car?
Back in the day,i could fix my car myself without paying a dime.
Today's car life expectancy is 6 years.
30 to 50 years ago it was 10 to 15 years.
If it's just gass efficiency you look for expect to be buying a new car in 6 years or a trade in.
I'm old fashioned,i say if it's not broke don't fix it.lol
Back to HE-MAN[/QUOTE]

lol cars are more efficient and way more reliable nowadays and safer and quicker and easier to drive.By your definition ,we might as well drive around in ford t's,as far as trading is concerned ,its purely because you want the next model up.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #124
fflamingmoe

If that's the case,we wouldn't be rebuilding classics out of the junk yards.
Still to this day there isn't an a v8 that can out do a 318 dodge that is next to bullet proof.
When a car brakes down you got to saw off your arm or leg to get it fixed.
To get my Ford truck fixed this week will cost $1,500.00 just for the fuel pump.lol
fflamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #125
mikman42
Nightwing

rust and die
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #126
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
the "new" He-Man was pretty much better then the original in every way except nastalgia...so of course it failed. much better then the T-Cat reboot
Could not agree more.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #127
JetFire76

Overall, I think if Jerry manages to find a good balance between the 2 styles... even injecting his own, he'll definitely knock it out of the park with any MOTU statue he puts out!!

It's unfortunate that the 4 Horsemen line of statues was discontinued... but I'm sure Jerry will more than make up for the big gap that we all have in our MOTU statue collection!!

So freaking AWESOME!!
JetFire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #128
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
The Four Horsemen were (I don't know if they still are) responsible for the new Redone Classics too. Jerry would have huge shoes (4 pairs by my count) to fill with this line. The great thing is, Jerry and co. would have a great advantage in that the statue market is their arena and they have their own unique style (musculature, pose, etc.) that they can incorporate into the MOTU universe!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #129
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yes that is why I am saying the redone Classic is much better than the old 80's one. They combined the 2000 details with the 80s to get an amalgamation of the two.

The cars is an analogy more than anything. Of course some like vintage things, but there is just no comparison (for the most part) with the technology of today.

Its like trying to compare a Commodore Amiga PC to a current gen PC today. Great nostalgia but just doesn't compare on a technological and efficiency standpoint.
When people say they like the classics they are referring to the 2008 classics line. The 80s figures are not called classics anymore, they are called vintage.

You must have heard someone said they prefer the classics over the 200x and misinterpreted what they meant. Very few people still prefer the vintage, like you said it would be for nostalgic reasons only, or possibly a collector who specifically like collecting really old toys in mint unopened condition or something like that.

-
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #130
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
You must have heard someone said they prefer the classics over the 200x and misinterpreted what they meant. Very few people still prefer the vintage, like you said it would be for nostalgic reasons only, or possibly a collector who specifically like collecting really old toys in mint unopened condition or something like that.-
cleary you don't spend much time at the mattel or he-man.org forums. those people are nuts about loving the old stuff to the point that they fought to get the new MOTU figures released with heads on some figures that were straight repaints of thers in the name of keeping them "accurate" still baffles my mind how anybody could think that was a good way to go
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote