Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 12-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #1
tonytiger
The X-Men

Question Buying new in box buyer beware..

A bought a Bowen juggernaut museum new in the box from comic store on e-bay and it was still sealed.Well it was damage from the factory.The base was put together wrong.Well, he wanted me to see if Bowen's would honor the statue,So here is the their reply..You will have to return this statue back to the store. We require our retailers to inspect their statues before reselling them so that they can report any issues to us and we can send them a replacement in a timely manner. We don’t have any extra bases for this statue, only the full statue set.

Thank you,
He offer me 75.00 to keep it,in the display you can't see the flaw so I did and yes he would have taken it back -shipping.You can see the statue in the post everything new.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I would never buy any statue that hadn't been opened and inspected for exactly this reason.

It should always be assumed that an unopened item is damaged/faulty/has issues in some way until it is visually confirmed otherwise!
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Never understood buying and selling of items this way. Crazy stuff.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, it's only tape that's sealing it which is easy to replace.

I had a GG bust which I never opened then when I did months later, the face was had big paint scratches. By this time I took too long to inform GG and they sold out of the piece.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #5
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
I would never buy any statue that hadn't been opened and inspected for exactly this reason.

It's important to have the statues inspected first. Buying unopened ones are not worth the risk.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
tonytiger
The X-Men

Well..I've learn the hard way,the flaw really is small and I save the value of the base.( its not broken either)There are a lot of new and sealed statues on e-bay, I even ask one seller to open it and he wouldn't do it.As a rookie collector, I didn't think there would be a chance it was put together wrong.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
bonzaitree
Frackin!

I had the similar problem with a Sunfire statue, it was advertised as inspected and in perfect condition. It came with gold paint on its left fist:

I think the issue lies with sellers gambling that some buyers will settle with the " 'fact' all hand painted pieces will have flaws" and be less than perfect. In my case it seems like deceptive advertisement and the seller tried to pull the "oh I must have missed it" and "it's so minor" excuse.

If I was seller in this case, I would have definitely noted the gold.
bonzaitree is offline   Reply With Quote