Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Izadorio
Doh!

Touching up small scratches and nicks???

I was wondering if there was a way to find out the exact colors used on certain Bowen pieces. I have some small scratches on a couple of statues, mainly the bases and one actual statue. I am trying to find the exact colors for the silver bases on the Psylocke and modern White Queen full size and the yellow used for the Jim Lee Cyclops hands/gloves full size. If anyone can answer this I would really appreciate it.
Izadorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izadorio View Post
I was wondering if there was a way to find out the exact colors used on certain Bowen pieces. I have some small scratches on a couple of statues, mainly the bases and one actual statue. I am trying to find the exact colors for the silver bases on the Psylocke and modern White Queen full size and the yellow used for the Jim Lee Cyclops hands/gloves full size. If anyone can answer this I would really appreciate it.
Touching up prepainted statues is kinda difficult as they use their own paints.

Your best bet would be to buy a few bottles of paints that you think are close to theirs and keep mixing until you find something that's almost 100% identical.

It's a long and tedious process but you'll get there.

This is what I do whenever I have to touch up sideshow pieces.
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Tamiya paints come close to factory paints when you get into the chromes, or solid colors like yellow or reds. Skin tones are a different beast all together.

If you got any hobby stores near you that carry tamiya paints, just bring in the statue to it and look to see if the paint matches.

Just remember no matter the color of the paint when it dries it dries darker then in its wet form. So it may look spot on wet, when dried it will be slightly darker.

But if the scratches are small and just need tiny tabs you can get away with it.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote