Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 12:49 AM   #1001
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Is it possible to leave all the ss vs xm drama? I mean really, it is getting very high schoolish.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #1002
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Is it possible to leave all the ss vs xm drama? I mean really, it is getting very high schoolish.
I agree, and for the record . . . . mistermark, a lot of the stirring appears to be coming from you. You seem to want to bash Sideshow in the Sideshow section and then continue it on here in the XM section.

It's all getting a bit redundant. If you enjoy XM pieces then terrific, but you don't need to back hand their competitors with every other post.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #1003
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
That is the worst news ever. Why on earth would DC be so stupid as to not give such a creative company a license when their Marvel line is blowing Sideshow's lame Marvel PF line out of the water. Sideshow is a sinking ship. DC needs to give XM a license stat. Hope it happens sooner than later.
Do we know that XM wanted the DC license at this time? There is only 4 guys at XM and they still have the Marvel license for another year... I don't think XM should get the DC license until they can give it 100% of their attention like there doing with Marvel atm..

I think if they did get a DC license while they had the Marvel license we would only see the A+++ characters and we wouldn't be getting statues like Cable, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc...

They should only done 1 big license at a time...
Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #1004
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Do we know that XM wanted the DC license at this time? There is only 4 guys at XM and they still have the Marvel license for another year... I don't think XM should get the DC license until they can give it 100% of their attention like there doing with Marvel atm..

I think if they did get a DC license while they had the Marvel license we would only see the A+++ characters and we wouldn't be getting statues like Cable, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, etc...

They should only done 1 big license at a time...
Every time I see a DC product, it usually have high ES. I suspect that's the reason we won't see a XM DC line. DC want high ES; XM want low ES.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:12 AM   #1005
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Every time I see a DC product, it usually have high ES. I suspect that's the reason we won't see a XM DC line. DC want high ES; XM want low ES.
Has SS come out and say that DC requires them to put these really high ES on their statues?

I haven't see anything and unless I'm wrong it's just speculation and rumors from collectors trying to figure out why SS does it...
Old 11-11-2014, 02:23 AM   #1006
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Has SS come out and say that DC requires them to put these really high ES on their statues?

I haven't see anything and unless I'm wrong it's just speculation and rumors from collectors trying to figure out why SS does it...
I think it's fairly safe to say that any licence owner (whether it's DC, Marvel or Elvis) has considerable input into just about every aspect of how 'their' intellectual property is handled (including but not limited to ES).

I'm sure they don't just sign over a licence and say "make as many as you like any way you like"
Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 AM   #1007
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumOpus View Post
Sorry buddy Don't you hear the news!!!

So true.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #1008
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I agree, and for the record . . . . mistermark, a lot of the stirring appears to be coming from you. You seem to want to bash Sideshow in the Sideshow section and then continue it on here in the XM section.

It's all getting a bit redundant. If you enjoy XM pieces then terrific, but you don't need to back hand their competitors with every other post.
I totally disagree. It seems like people want to silence criticsm which makes me question what the mods are trying to accomplish. It's not redundant when the last five things I've ordered from Sideshow have had QC issues. When I can't get replacements or the replacements they send are worse than what was sent in the first place? Do you work for Sideshow? Why try to silence criticism? Do you silence all the redundant "Sideshow is great still yada yada..." Seems hypocrital and I am only speaking for myself. Clearly many many others feel the same way. Great for you if you have had positive experiences but I haven't. From losing out on import fees to being offered shoddy replacements and "take it or leave it or send it back" you're darn right i am criticising and interested in other companies and I feel I have every right to. Sincerely sorry if that doesn't gel with the mods agendas but I'm only speaking the truth of MY experiences with Sideshow. For the record, yes, XM seems great. Now let's get back on track...
Old 11-11-2014, 02:34 AM   #1009
built2shred
Phoenix

Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #1010
mistermark
Birdman

Quote:
Sorry, I just dislike getting called out for speaking the truth. Any questions for the XM folks? I hope they reveal a Spidey soon.
Closed Thread