Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #101
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
I agree with this, but first, can we please have a Spider-man?! That would be incredible. The best Spider-man piece I have seen is Sideshow's 2010 Spidey comiquette. The new Campbell one from 2013 looks average at best imo. I would love to see you guys come up with a Spider-man that blows Sideshow's 2010 piece out of the water. Any plans for this guy in the next year or so?
Spiderman is not included in their current license... Just XMen and Avengers if I am not mistaken.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:15 AM   #102
Apetina
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Spiderman is not included in their current license... Just XMen and Avengers if I am not mistaken.
Well... that would be a pain in the ass if it's true.

Shorudan have any word on that? Spiderman is a possibility?
Old 08-08-2014, 04:41 AM   #103
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetina View Post
Well... that would be a pain in the ass if it's true.

Shorudan have any word on that? Spiderman is a possibility?
Well Sony own the rights to spiderman, not marvel, don't they? And I don't recall that they've made any mention about discussions with them as yet.

I wouldn't discount it, it's probably just off the cards for the moment whilst they concentrate on the marvel licensed stuff.

There is hope!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #104
Eltjar
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Well Sony own the rights to spiderman, not marvel, don't they?
I'm not quite sure but i was under the impression, that the movie rights and the comic rights were two different things.

So, doing a statue that displays something out of the Spider-Man movies requires greelighting by Sony, but when doing a
comic version, Disney/Marvel are still the guys to speak to.

That might of course be wrong, but thats what i read somewhere. Anyway - a Spider-Man (Comic Version) from XM would
be great, since they seem to be capable of catching the essence of the depicted character. Here's hope too!!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:03 AM   #105
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltjar View Post
I'm not quite sure but i was under the impression, that the movie rights and the comic rights were two different things.

So, doing a statue that displays something out of the Spider-Man movies requires greelighting by Sony, but when doing a
comic version, Disney/Marvel are still the guys to speak to.

That might of course be wrong, but thats what i read somewhere. Anyway - a Spider-Man (Comic Version) from XM would
be great, since they seem to be capable of catching the essence of the depicted character. Here's hope too!!
Yeah good point. Not really sure tbh. I really hope they do spidey as I think they are just knocking everything for 6 right now. And I'm short of a decent spidey statue!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #106
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Spiderman could still be in the cards with those restrictions though, as he had been an avenger for some time now.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sony only owns movie rights not anything else, hence Marvel's decision to cancel toys for the fantastic four and spiderman.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #107
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

I am located in Germany and was there the moment Magneto went up for PO, unfortunately I can't buy directly so I have some people hunting Magneto with the coin for me. Hope one of them can get and send him to me since this cannot be topped by any company! Gratz!

When will Hawkeye go up for PO, don't want to miss him, will go with Simply Toys then.
Do all the XM statues come with the same silver coin, or are there differences (for example name of the statue on it)?
Old 08-08-2014, 03:22 PM   #108
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Is there a picture of the art print that is included w/ Magneto?
Old 08-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #109
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
I am located in Germany and was there the moment Magneto went up for PO, unfortunately I can't buy directly so I have some people hunting Magneto with the coin for me. Hope one of them can get and send him to me since this cannot be topped by any company! Gratz!

When will Hawkeye go up for PO, don't want to miss him, will go with Simply Toys then.
Do all the XM statues come with the same silver coin, or are there differences (for example name of the statue on it)?
Each coin is custom to the statue.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #110
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Is there a picture of the art print that is included w/ Magneto?
yep...done by Hive
Closed Thread