Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-24-2017, 08:20 AM   #511
adee
Green Arrow

I like everything but the portraits. I would have liked the hooded head to be looking down to give it that ominous dark feeling similar to the Moore statue.

Also that little piece of hair on her face drives me nuts.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:43 PM   #512
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

Spoke with the xm staff, she will be rdy for collection in nov.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #513
dechirico7
The Flash

I like the torso, legs, costume, but everything else is meh. I hate being force to pay for two statues when I only want one. The pose is unnatural, she is over equipped, holding too much and we all agree the portraits are ok. I think they are slowly improving their portraits, like on Dark Phoenix.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #514
iceprince_x
Deadman

Good news she is coming....now for the Angelus
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #515
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking at the studio photos done by XM. I see statue is very disproportionate. 1. Neck is too long. 2. Body too long. 3. Legs too short. 4. Portraits are so-so.

yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #516
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Blank stare portraits for the loss.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:30 AM   #517
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I do like Witchblade quite a bit and LOVE Darkness, but Magdalena is an enormous fail to me. Both portraits are awful, both in the blank deer-in-headlights stare, but also in how the hair is done. The pose is rather dull, and I cannot stand the enormous angel statue that comes with her - not only because I hate the color it's painted, but it also adds hundreds of extra dollars on to the statue cost for no reason.

I really hope if they do Angelus, she is not done by the person who did Magdalena.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #518
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I do like Witchblade quite a bit and LOVE Darkness, but Magdalena is an enormous fail to me. Both portraits are awful, both in the blank deer-in-headlights stare, but also in how the hair is done. The pose is rather dull, and I cannot stand the enormous angel statue that comes with her - not only because I hate the color it's painted, but it also adds hundreds of extra dollars on to the statue cost for no reason.

I really hope if they do Angelus, she is not done by the person who did Magdalena.
Pretty much THIS. All I want is Angelus now, so please don't fail us XM!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:30 PM   #519
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
Looking at the studio photos done by XM. I see statue is very disproportionate. 1. Neck is too long. 2. Body too long. 3. Legs too short. 4. Portraits are so-so.

I actually don't mind the change in body type here (except both stoner, dead eye portraits). There are people with all of those features. We are just so used to leggy, statuesque, perfect representations of super models as comic book characters that Magdelena looks regular.

I don't remember the character being super leggy. I do recall her having a larger chest and being way more exposed in the midsection. Being so covered could be lending a shrinking look to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

They need to put whomever did Batgirl, Ivy, and/or Dark Phoenix on this. I'd prefer whomever did Ivy and Batgirl -- those portraits are stunning.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I was hoping for whoever did Storm. Whoever sculpted Storm knows how to sculpt a gorgeous face and body.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote