Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-12-2017, 09:41 AM   #81
Thegameman2011
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Warlock I am not comparing the sculpts. To the contrary I said that sculpt was good. I was speaking of the paint.
Thegameman2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #82
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegameman2011 View Post
Warlock I am not comparing the sculpts. To the contrary I said that sculpt was good. I was speaking of the paint.
I'm not sure what to say on the paint... once again, I think any paint would pop more on a more voluptuous statue like the Virgin. But I don't have a strong argument against you. I think the Eve paint app is probably as good as any other ARH paint app, skin wise. Is it as good as it could be? No. Is it as good as my Dewar piece? No. But with what ARH is doing now, with the customization and the garage kits being made available the customer has a lot of options.

Bottom line is this... money talks and bs walks. Have I ordered this piece yet? I have not. Am I ordering it today? No. Will I order it tomorrow? It's a possibility depending on some answers I get back from a few people. That gives you a gauge of how much I really like this work.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #83
Thegameman2011

Congrats to anyone getting this. I was looking forward to it, but this one is not for me. I do look forward to other pieces coming up. I hope Sha-Ryn gets here soon so I can order Arkhalla.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #84
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Something was lost between the sculpt and paint to me. I'm tempted to get it and leave it unpainted. That would match some less expensive statues in my house.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #85
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I like this statue. I think Arahom delivered on his promises with this piece. Is it as iconic and epic as it could or should have been? No.

Let's get to where the rubber meets the road... this is a sculpture of Eve from the Bible, made super sexy with her tits and vajajay exposed for all and snake wrapped around her like reptile sex. This statue subject matter walks the line between erotic and offensive. When the subject is that huge, the representation should be equally huge. Remember the four foot long snake in Cona: The Sacrifice? Now that piece is epic.

But I don't think ARH is in a position right now to do anything on that scale. I think for what it is, it's done well. Will I buy it? Probably. I would want blonde hair and blue eyes. Though I think the brown hair looks good and probably is more biblically accurate. And I would like a greener snake. I'm going to look at her for a few more days.

I wish Arahom would take pics without the leaf. It would have saved an uncomfortable conversation with Melissa about what it looks like under the leaf!
Maybe I'll ask Spencer in his Q&A!!!
lol
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #86
Thegameman2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Something was lost between the sculpt and paint to me. I'm tempted to get it and leave it unpainted. That would match some less expensive statues in my house.
I think that is the issue I have with this piece. To me, the paint does not make it look like an expensive piece.

I love the sculpt, but I spend too much time and money in this hobby as it is to start hunting down people that I would trust to do custom work (paint, sculpt). Some people like to do that is thats great. I rather just order the piece already made from the company.

I will keep looking at it over the next few days to see how I feel. I want to love this piece, but right now I don't.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #87
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

LOL 2-6 month payment plans for an unfinished resin kit that's supposedly instock? if it is in stock why not just pay once?

for the actual statue OK i'll allow myself to be duped and go with the 2 months pay plan to allow for "production." but for an unfinished kit to be on a 2 month pay plan? what is there to produce? come on man...it's 2017 enough with the shenanigans

thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #88
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
LOL 2-6 month payment plans for an unfinished resin kit that's supposedly instock? if it is in stock why not just pay once?

for the actual statue OK i'll allow myself to be duped and go with the 2 months pay plan to allow for "production." but for an unfinished kit to be on a 2 month pay plan? what is there to produce? come on man...it's 2017 enough with the shenanigans

You guys are brutal... there's no shenanigans. Right now ARH is like 5 people in a room looking at a freshly painted statue. They need to break it down and make molds of all the pieces then cast them and do the polish and fill work and sanding on them. All this while filling the Valkyrie and Succubus orders. If you follow the vids and their posts you'd understand more about the time frames. He needs time to get the piece into production mode.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #89
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
You guys are brutal... there's no shenanigans. Right now ARH is like 5 people in a room looking at a freshly painted statue. They need to break it down and make molds of all the pieces then cast them and do the polish and fill work and sanding on them. All this while filling the Valkyrie and Succubus orders. If you follow the vids and their posts you'd understand more about the time frames. He needs time to get the piece into production mode.
so...it's not "instock" then? OMG!
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #90
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I think Spencer has explained how their revised process will work. He said they have a mandatory 2 payment minimum so that it gives them some time to produce in house statues so it can go out immediately when final (2nd) payment is received. I get that this isn't technically the same as "in stock" like sitting on a shelf in a warehouse somewhere but it also is not the same as a "pre-order" which can give the buyer the impression that it's production is in some far off date in the future.

There really is no good term for the system they have and certainly "in stock" is closer than "pre-order". I suppose they could say something like "made to order" but that has complications as well. People not familiar with them may think this means it is available for all kinds of customizing. The system they are using does result in the statue being "in stock" when they receive the final payment so I don't really have an issue with it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote