Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #1161
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Hey guys, I just read on FB that Jason’s mom passed away last night. If you know him, or enjoy his many videos, it would be nice to send some condolences his way.
Sad. Hopefully now this gonna silence all that criticism about the video.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #1162
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I’m really torn between this and Black Widow. Don’t really care for the exclusive for either of them. First time I’ve really had a make a tough decision like this one.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #1163
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I’m really torn between this and Black Widow. Don’t really care for the exclusive for either of them. First time I’ve really had a make a tough decision like this one.
I'm torn between many pieces at the moment. For the moment i'm on a self imposed hiatus. It's proving tough. The cracks are starting to be felt. Only the other day i almost ordered Black Widow. Today i nearly ordered Red Sonja. Then there was a piece on ebay i spotted (today also). For the moment, i'm staying strong

Give it 4 weeks, when my Sideshow points convert. I'm going to get a new piece!

/..or a new Hot Toy
//..or an art print. I love the new The Walking Dead print

This would look great behind my 3x Gentle Giant Walking Dead 1/4 pieces.

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #1164
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I was in a similar situation. I went with Black Widow as she fits in with a line I'm currently assembling.

@ukshaun, It's a shame the way The Walking Dead has gone down hill the last few seasons. Otherwise I would have been all over that print.
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #1165
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
I was in a similar situation. I went with Black Widow as she fits in with a line I'm currently assembling.

@ukshaun, It's a shame the way The Walking Dead has gone down hill the last few seasons. Otherwise I would have been all over that print.
Season 6 and 7 were excellent. I have Season 8 on pre order (arrives on Blu-ray in the UK next month)
I've read both plus and negatives on Season 8
Old 08-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #1166
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
Yea to be fair we've all had those days. I probably found it funny because I've done similar before myself. I'm sure he's a nice bloke.
It really isn't exactly clear when you first look at it which way she goes. At least, it wasn't for me. I certainly started trying to put her on backwards, but I quickly saw it was wrong.

I will be nervous if I ever have to take this one apart, though. It is nerve wracking trying to minimize that gap where the leg attaches. I think it is so tight that it will be a pain to separate again.

With some of these statues - not really this one - I am amazed that no instructions are included. Given the price, it seems odd that I am having to eyeball the box or bring up Sideshow's production pics to figure out what position some things go in. Prime 1 includes instructions, but I didn't even solve one of those puzzles once (the various metal rods/holes were color coded on the bottom or around the holes - I found out after I tried fitting one in that ended up being too tight and snapping off when I tried removing it.).
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:47 AM   #1167
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
It really isn't exactly clear when you first look at it which way she goes. At least, it wasn't for me. I certainly started trying to put her on backwards, but I quickly saw it wrong.

I will be nervous if I ever have to take this one apart, though. It is nerve wracking trying to minimize that gap where the leg attaches. I think it is so tight that it will be a pain to separate again.

With some of these statues - not really this one - I am amazed that no instructions are included. Given the price, it seems odd that I am having to eyeball the box or bring up Sideshow's production pics to figure out what position some things go in. Prime 1 includes instructions, but I didn't even solve one of those puzzles once (the various metal rods/holes were color coded on the bottom or around the holes - I found out after I tried fitting one in that ended up being too tight and snapping off when I tried removing it.).
My Aspen required a ton of pressure to join the leg together. I do wonder if Aspen would break if i had to separate the join to re box. Since i am planning on moving some time soon, I might have to transport Aspen as is, un_boxed.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #1168
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My Aspen required a ton of pressure to join the leg together. I do wonder if Aspen would break if i had to separate the join to re box. Since i am planning on moving some time soon, I might have to transport Aspen as is, un_boxed.
I actually got curious on this.. When i assembled i pushed some to close the gap hopefully to no avail. Was wondering the same thing this weekend i took it apart to inspect it. It actually came apart easily, no resistance..
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:09 PM   #1169
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Got #13/2000 and damn a part of the glass was separated from the base. I could probably fix it but gonna take it to the store I bought it from and have them talk to sideshow.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #1170
Fremen
Birds of Prey

So torn between this and Red Sonja. I will probably end up getting neither as money is an issue but it sure would be nice if there were more pictures in this thread.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote