Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #141
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I see a lot of people talking about the statues and art work but does anyone still read Fathom?

is it any good? Has it ever been good? Any good arcs that anyone can recommend if so?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #142
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Just to be fair to XM before anyone loses it, they absolutely destroyed the Darkness. I paid through the nose for mine and I have no regrets, it's a masterpiece.

They just missed the mark with Witchblade.
Once again, gotta agree 100%. The Darkness by XM is a masterpiece. Just a beautiful representation of the character, which really makes the disappointing Witchblade all the more puzzling for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
What I would't give for a 1/4 scale Dawn, Vampirella, Purgatori, Lady Death, Aphrodite IX, Magdalena and Witchblade from Moore.

I'd retire after that, I swear.
Honestly, I would by ecstatic with any one of those, especially Aprhodite IX!! Being able to buy all of those and I would honestly be retiring right beside you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
And I even wrote a disclaimer
Its all good. Just goes to emphasis the whole "to each thier own" statement, which is the essense of subjectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I see a lot of people talking about the statues and art work but does anyone still read Fathom?

is it any good? Has it ever been good? Any good arcs that anyone can recommend if so?
I wouldn't deem it great, but I enjoyed the first few volumes. Turner's strength was always his artwork, not so much his writing, but its solid enough to hold your interest especially if you really love the artwork and the characters
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM   #143
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Although not an exact match to Turner's artwork ...this is still a beautiful statue. Wow, I'm loving it.

The portrait does have some resemblance to Turner's artwork tho. I think it's the eyes, eyebrows and lips. Could be the nose, too.
Yeah Im kind of gutted its not Turner. I think the Moore pieces and the busts came closest, love the heck out of them. Still might want to get this but just so disappointed especially when SS is putting out Danger Girls that are spot on to Campbells style.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #144
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

The appeal was the art. I thought the tpb didn't have that great of a story. But tons of eye candy, Turner style.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:28 PM   #145
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

This is an easy pre-order for me. No questions asked. I've curtailed my statue spending considerably, but I simply cannot resist this piece. Spectacular.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #146
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...77668352_n.mp4
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #147
adee
Green Arrow

I dunno, I totally get a Turner vibe and I'm pretty critical about that kind of stuff. Granted it's not as animated like the Moore statues but more like Turners art come to life. I really love it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #148
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Thanks for the link to the video. Didn't get to see it before.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #149
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
Yeah Im kind of gutted its not Turner. I think the Moore pieces and the busts came closest, love the heck out of them. Still might want to get this but just so disappointed especially when SS is putting out Danger Girls that are spot on to Campbells style.
Yea, that's the hard part. The Abbey Chase statue is so JSC ...that it hurts knowing this will not be totally Turner.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #150
Vendetta
The X-Men

Wow, she looks great. I may actually get this, though it'd be tough to pull the trigger at $500+ since I have no attachment to the character.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote