Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #641
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I would think the water and her leg is PVC so what difference does it make what the coral is made out of?

Who has Dark Phoenix, what are those flames made out of?!

Her body looks polystone with the paint applications. The rest looks PVC to me. And that would have more security with the wisps and such.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #642
actionjackson83
Midnighter

The thing I worry most about is the water having multiple pieces that are fragile and break prone just like their Phoenix...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #643
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Please don't turn this thread into another b***hfest about PVC vs. polystone, mmm kay? Thanks.
This hobby is getting saturated with stupid. Plastic vs plastic....jeez.

Anyways, I am going to wait to see the variant. You know it is coming.

Maybe dark armor?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #644
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I would think the water and her leg is PVC so what difference does it make what the coral is made out of?

Who has Dark Phoenix, what are those flames made out of?!

Her body looks polystone with the paint applications. The rest looks PVC to me. And that would have more security with the wisps and such.
Yeah, flames are pvc I believe and despite some people having broken flames, no issues with mine. I don't think they were broken either, some tips were separate pieces and I think the glue was not dry or something and the tips fell off.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #645
slynger
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Please don't turn this thread into another b***hfest about PVC vs. polystone, mmm kay? Thanks.
Not my intention at all, but I don't understand all the differences. All I'm worried about in the end is my statue. Obviously I don't want it to lean/sag/bend or break due to the material not being able to hold up.

I was an Aspen fan when she was first created many years ago and a big part of me wants this piece, but with all the arguing and finger pointing regarding materials, I got lost and never found an answer.

It's frustrating when the hobby we all love turns into this.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #646
ukshaun
Hercules

I was curious to know if the coral armor was cast as part of the leg / arm etc and painted afterwards?
..or, i wondered if the coral armor was possibly painted is a separate component, and attached afterwards?
Given how fragile the coral armor appears to be, entertained the idea, it could be PVC to make it easier to attach.

As far as i can tell, no one is attempting to turn this thread into a vs thread.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #647
French Cancan
Deadman

All I’ve seen was just a funny answer. "-Coral", that was funny. Until some people demand the end of a debate which did not even begin., and finally initiate the debate. That is funny.
Maybe, a list of forbidden words should be defined. Today, words "PVC, vinyl, plastic , price", and tomorrow, words " unhappy, bad quality, issues". ( incomplete list ).

Other than that, Aspen maybe deserves her price and a prize; she, and all her vinyl PVC thing, is absolutely fabulous. Hopefully to be not unhappy, even if I am worried about a possible breakage issue, because of the fragility of this beautiful lady. And above all, a possible bad quality control.

Holy crap... Dirty Harry, you were right, this hobby needs a good cleaning.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #648
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I asked on Sideshow Live what the amor was made from?

A. Coral

..that wasn't the answer i was looking for

I asked if the Coral armor was made from Resin or PVC?

A. no answer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoex View Post
Hermmmm I wonder why they didn't answer?
Quote:

As far as i can tell, no one is attempting to turn this thread into a vs thread.
Could've fooled me.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #649
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
All I’ve seen was just a funny answer. "-Coral", that was funny. Until some people demand the end of a debate which did not even begin., and finally initiate the debate. That is funny.
Maybe, a list of forbidden words should be defined. Today, words "PVC, vinyl, plastic , price", and tomorrow, words " unhappy, bad quality, issues". ( incomplete list ).

Other than that, Aspen maybe deserves her price and a prize; she, and all her vinyl PVC thing, is absolutely fabulous. Hopefully to be not unhappy, even if I am worried about a possible breakage issue, because of the fragility of this beautiful lady. And above all, a possible bad quality control.

Holy crap... Dirty Harry, you were right, this hobby needs a good cleaning.
This.

'Coral..'
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #650
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I was curious to know if the coral armor was cast as part of the leg / arm etc and painted afterwards?
..or, i wondered if the coral armor was possibly painted is a separate component, and attached afterwards?
Given how fragile the coral armor appears to be, entertained the idea, it could be PVC to make it easier to attach.

If they were smart, I would think it is the second part.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote