Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > CS Moore Studio

Old 03-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #121
Statuesmatchoos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
Beautiful Work, Paul. I have a question, how do you take such beautiful pictures? When I pull out my digital camera, it's nothing near as nice. What's your secret?
Thanks. No secrets really. I've been a professional photographer for many years now. The shots of this last piece were taken with an inexpensive point and shoot Canon.
Statuesmatchoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #122
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuesmatchoos View Post
Here are a few shots of the last Barbarian I've done...

Fabulous work Paul, this might be my favorite out of all my favorites from your Barbarians, do you have a count of how many Barbarians you painted,
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #123
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Fabulous work Paul, this might be my favorite out of all my favorites from your Barbarians, do you have a count of how many Barbarians you painted,
I was going to say that too. Also, how did you convert the bikini to nude? Was that a lot of work?
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #124
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elia Cid View Post
Hi everyone,

I came across these old work in progress pictures not sure if I posted them , but anyway I thought you would enjoy seeing them.

Best

Alex

P.S. Pleas visit my new website http://alexcastro.com I still have some work to do on it but most is up and running, Thanks

Frazetta's "Conan the Barbarian" Nude version

1/7th cold cast porcelain resin sculpted by Clayburn Moore ,from CS Moore Studio's, Work in progress by Alex Castro , Private Collector

1/7th cold cast porcelain resin sculpted by Clayburn Moore ,from CS Moore Studio's, Work in progress by Alex Castro , Private Collector

Frazetta's "Conan the Barbarian"

Hi Alex, thanks for posting your Barbarian pic's... I dont think I had that one, I posted what I had in post #40 for your nude Barbarian paintup, feel free to post anymore you think we would like to see.

Alex Castro's Barbarian /nude girl paintup in post#40
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=40

Anymore statue paintings in the works, its been awhile since your Kull paintup.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:08 AM   #125
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Thanks. No secrets really. I've been a professional photographer for many years now. The shots of this last piece were taken with an inexpensive point and shoot Canon.
Do you use some sort of backdrop? Or extra lights? I've seen some photographers used these white boards when taking pictures. They have a whole set up.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:43 AM   #126
Statuesmatchoos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasticrour View Post
Do you use some sort of backdrop? Or extra lights? I've seen some photographers used these white boards when taking pictures. They have a whole set up.
Yes, there is a backdrop and special lights, reflectors, etc.. In photography you use whatever works. Digital photography is a great teacher because it is so immediate compared to film. Keep at it. You'll get there.

To Warhead... I'm not sure how many Barbarians I've done, but it's probably around a dozen or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I was going to say that too. Also, how did you convert the bikini to nude? Was that a lot of work?
Like anything else, it just takes time.
Statuesmatchoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #127
Elia Cid
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Darrin (TNovak ) "Conan the Barbarian"

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Hi Alex, thanks for posting your Barbarian pic's... I dont think I had that one, I posted what I had in post #40 for your nude Barbarian paintup, feel free to post anymore you think we would like to see.

Alex Castro's Barbarian /nude girl paintup in post#40
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....4&postcount=40

Anymore statue paintings in the works, its been awhile since your Kull paintup.
Thanks Warhead ,

I found this picture , it is Darrin (TNovak )piece , I don’t think he has seen it?

Darrin let me know and I'll send you one!

Enjoy

Alex

Frazetta's "Conan the Barbarian"

Elia Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #128
fantasticrour
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Yes, there is a backdrop and special lights, reflectors, etc.. In photography you use whatever works. Digital photography is a great teacher because it is so immediate compared to film. Keep at it. You'll get there.
Are there any special backdrop or special lights you can recommend? Or a beginner set for photography that includes all that. Something economical. One time, someone on the boards said you can get something of that nature at Radio Shack. When I went there, the Radio Shack workers didn't even know what I was talking about. It's always been something I wanted to do for fun. Just don't know where to start.
fantasticrour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #129
Elia Cid
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Premier issue cover for "Fantasy Dimensions" magazine.

Warhead here's another one I'm sure most have seen.
This picture was on the Premier issue , cover of Fantasy "Dimensions" magazine.
Enjoy
Alex

Elia Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #130
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elia Cid View Post
Thanks Warhead ,

I found this picture , it is Darrin (TNovak )piece , I don’t think he has seen it?

Darrin let me know and I'll send you one!

Enjoy

Alex
Yes, thanks Alex. I had emailed you a while back to ask if I could have a pic of it like you sent me of the Egyptian Queen and Dark Kingdom. I didn't hear back from you so I assumed you were busy with your new teaching gig or with your painting and drawing on canvas instead of miniatures that you didn't have time or that you hadn't saved a pic of my piece. With the Reel Art line I am getting so many that to display each with a full sized Frazetta print is taking too much room. The nice 8X10 pics that you send me work very well and in this case especially would be nice since it is the actual statue that I have. Thanks again in advance if you would send me one
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote