Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-28-2021, 03:52 AM   #491
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Yoshinori Ono announced his departure from Capcom a year ago. Who knows where Street Fighter is heading. It might make sense to start over with 100% new visuals. Many would like to see less bulky looking characters, possibly more realistic?
Yikes, there are leaked pictures of an early SF5 build with a realistic look. Looks super whack. Say what you want about SF4, but at least it had an unique artstyle.
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:16 AM   #492
Biggunz
Loki

Street fighter OR not

I would of been interested if just a big muscled up statue at a decent price

Pcs wants too much

And no...The pcs 1\3 millennia is not better than the majority of 1\3 prime 1 pieces out there .at least that is very hard to believe LOL

If you see a pcs collection it looks from ten years ago
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:29 AM   #493
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I would love for absolutely no one involved with SFV to work on VI lol.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:36 AM   #494
qz33
Doctor Doom

What if Hugo and Poison were $1,100-$1,200? Many people ordering?

Adjusting for statue inflation Hugo feels like a $600-$700 statue just because he's big but only 6 inches taller and a bit beefier than a normal 1/4 6Ft male .

Poison feels like a $350 statue but even being generous at feeling like $450-$500 statue how many would be buying the set? I'd bet PCS would need to sell Poison for no less than $600 if they sold her separately.

What we all want is still too much like old times.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:25 AM   #495
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

My take is we’re getting exactly what we asked for after the OP. In fact, more! And for a somewhat lower price point than what was mentioned. Everyone said “oh yeah sign me up”.

A Hugo statue standing 26” inches tall! They got John Cleary to come back and add all kinds of detail. He was totally pumped up about the job he did.

And rightfully so. It looks awesome.

Poison is the cherry on top. A crispy, high definition version of an already great release.

Fact of the matter is, the sharpness of HUGO, was the reason I felt I needed a Poison that was up to par with him. And that the softness of the original just wouldn’t pair as well.

Side note:

SFV is a fantastic game. I won’t make excuses for it’s original release…. It was flawed.

But the game is an absolute gem now. And interestingly enough, clay was the inspiration for the character designs. Much like how Sumi Ink was to SF4 and Pencil sketch was to SSF4.

Cheers 🍻
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:11 AM   #496
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What if Hugo and Poison were $1,100-$1,200? Many people ordering?

Adjusting for statue inflation Hugo feels like a $600-$700 statue just because he's big but only 6 inches taller and a bit beefier than a normal 1/4 6Ft male .

Poison feels like a $350 statue but even being generous at feeling like $450-$500 statue how many would be buying the set? I'd bet PCS would need to sell Poison for no less than $600 if they sold her separately.

What we all want is still too much like old times.
Honestly I would buy both for 1100 bucks. I really like them together. I mean I did take the bullet for all Menat variants. 550 bucks each seems like a fair deal
Westhelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #497
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Yikes, there are leaked pictures of an early SF5 build with a realistic look. Looks super whack. Say what you want about SF4, but at least it had an unique artstyle.
Interesting.

I never understood, given the power of modern consoles, why Mortal Kombat 3D (not 2D) did not retain the hyper realistic look associated with the original triology, which is what separated it from Street Fighter II

It is possible to scan people in, like they did with Death Stranding, with amazing results. Once they have the 3D data, artists can then make adjustments to beef up muscle tone where required.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #498
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The hobby peaked in 2008, and it will never return to that level of value.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:23 AM   #499
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I can’t wait to hear how sales went on this Big Boy! Solo and the set!

It shall be the greatest Street Fighter statue of all time! I urge anyone on the fence! Don’t hold out! Order NOW!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:19 AM   #500
Biggunz
Loki

I appreciate your guidance and enthusiasm

And hate to say it

But hope if doesn't sell joppula

These guys don't learn

And a correction is coming
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote