Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-13-2021, 10:30 PM   #341
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Since you were asking for photos, here are the links to the two YouTube reviews I just uploaded.

Bishop: https://youtu.be/Zj1it5WIQfs

Jean: https://youtu.be/X9ihemfvcqk

I watched Gem’s Jean review, but haven’t watched his Bishop review yet.

I also think I corrected the coloring issue that was washing out Blob in my first video.

The short version is that both are great statues. But I am pretty enamored with Bishop. His paint is top notch.

I am open to PMs with constructive feedback on my videos. I am pretty much a rank amateur with all aspects of producing a YouTube video, but I am having a lot of fun learning.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:13 AM   #342
Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venzhe View Post
Since you were asking for photos, here are the links to the two YouTube reviews I just uploaded.

I watched Gem?s Jean review, but haven?t watched his Bishop review yet.

I also think I corrected the coloring issue that was washing out Blob in my first video.

The short version is that both are great statues. But I am pretty enamored with Bishop. His paint is top notch.

I am open to PMs with constructive feedback on my videos. I am pretty much a rank amateur with all aspects of producing a YouTube video, but I am having a lot of fun learning.
Good reviews
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:50 PM   #343
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

I watched Gem?s Jean review, but haven?t watched his Bishop review yet.

Hey great reviews! I love the intro and the origin with the comic pictures, always adds to the review imo.

For Jean I do like that you compared it next to the Sideshow piece, but that also KILLS the Iron Studios face sculpt as the SS face sculpt is just so beautiful. I get that it's also 1/4 scale and alot more money ha.

On a side note, mind sharing where you get the plastic or acrylic clear risers from to display some of the proximity pieces? I think that's what I need for my collection, everything seems so flat lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #344
Venzhe

The acrylic boxes am using right now came from HobbyLobby. There are a couple of different sizes available, but I like their medium sized offering the most because I can lay them flat or orient them on their side for different heights. My Beast and Psylocke from the video are on the same sized container just oriented differently.

Some HobbyLobby tips: these cases are found under their Frames section in the store. HL has weekly sales and will often put things in the frame section at 50% off. I don?t pay them full price for these, I just pick them up when on sale. You will usually have to remind the cashier that they count as ?frames? merchandise where they have listed display cases and shadow boxes to get the discount. They just had them on sale for about two weeks in October so it might take a bit to cycle back.

But any hobby store should have some. I was also looking at acrylic risers off of Amazon, but I wasn?t too sure about their quality.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:42 PM   #345
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
The acrylic boxes am using right now came from HobbyLobby. There are a couple of different sizes available, but I like their medium sized offering the most because I can lay them flat or orient them on their side for different heights. My Beast and Psylocke from the video are on the same sized container just oriented differently.

Some HobbyLobby tips: these cases are found under their Frames section in the store. HL has weekly sales and will often put things in the frame section at 50% off. I don?t pay them full price for these, I just pick them up when on sale. You will usually have to remind the cashier that they count as ?frames? merchandise where they have listed display cases and shadow boxes to get the discount. They just had them on sale for about two weeks in October so it might take a bit to cycle back.

But any hobby store should have some. I was also looking at acrylic risers off of Amazon, but I wasn?t too sure about their quality.

Thanks for sharing! I actually don't have a Hobbylobby near me here in NY ha. Only craft store I have near by is like a Michaels. And I can definitely check there. I might actually check out the amazon ones and see if they are any good.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:54 PM   #346
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi Venzhe,
Thanks for the great video reviews; I really like them!
I like the way you review each piece and also dig it that your videos are relatively short and to the point.

Keep up the good work; I am impressed and will continue to check on a regular basis what's in the trove!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #347
2bitcollector
Fantastic Four

For anyone interested here are some pics of Bishop and Jean, really happy with both pieces. They came in today and I think this is another great job from Iron Studios. Makes me excited for the rest of the line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_190840.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	143899   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_190846.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	143900   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_190924.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	143901   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_191009.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	143902   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_191013.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	143903  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_191108.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	143904   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211115_191144.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	382.0 KB
ID:	143905  
2bitcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:11 PM   #348
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bitcollector View Post
For anyone interested here are some pics of Bishop and Jean, really happy with both pieces. They came in today and I think this is another great job from Iron Studios. Makes me excited for the rest of the line.
Looks great thanks for sharing! I keep waiting for the site I use to get them in, but so far nadda lol. I'm being patient to avoid paying shipping.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:04 AM   #349
Venzhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
Hi Venzhe,
Thanks for the great video reviews; I really like them!
I like the way you review each piece and also dig it that your videos are relatively short and to the point.

Keep up the good work; I am impressed and will continue to check on a regular basis what's in the trove!

Rainer
Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bitcollector View Post
Nice pictures! Which others are you thinking of getting?
Old 11-17-2021, 09:38 AM   #350
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Wish these pieces were cheaper. Im about to wrap up collecting these. Storm, Jean and Psylocke left and thats it for me!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote