Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
HFA
U talkin' to me?

RED SONJA and CLAW cover!!

Just saw this...pretty incredible. I thought it would make a great giclee! I loved the DC comics "Claw" series from the 1970s...looks like they're trying to bring some of those characters back.

Any thoughts?

Not sure if it can be done or not, since Red Sonja is a Dynamite property and Claw is still DC (I think)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RedSonjaClawCover.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	17646  
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It is nice James but i'd prefer G del Ottos one which is already a litho. There is something more earthy about it which IMO applies to this type of character including Conan.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 04:04 PM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

That looks like some kind of funky Ross/Jusko combination.

Glad to see that Claw and other DC fantasy characters will be coming back. Maybe we can get a Stalker that is truer to Levitz and Ditko's version, as opposed to the one in that JSA series. And would reprints of classic Claw, Stalker, Nightmaster, Beowulf, Kong the Untamed, and Fafhrd & the Gray Mouser be too much to ask? Maybe another "Pulp Fiction Library" trade paperback?
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
HFA
U talkin' to me?

Have to agree with the re-emergence of the old 70s sword and sorcery stuff, and it looks like it may be happening. I hear that Alex and Jim Lee will be providing covers for the DC stuff.

Anyway, I like the above piece (more for CLAW than for Sonja, who I really don't care much about), but I like the "funky combination" comment because I think you're right! Sometimes Alex tries to hard...he really didn't need the over-muscled body-builder reference on that one. Ah well...

STALKER?? Cool stuff...Ditko with Wally Wood inks. I always loved the cool Kubert RIMA THE JUNGLE GIRL covers too. The Chaykin "Sword and Socerery" title was very good also (some even had some Neal Adams inks). Ah, the glory days of short-lived titles...
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote