Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #41
Mfinn123
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
I also like this rolling 44 day idea.

Couple questions:

-how do you keep track of when you paid? Simple outlook calendar?

- do you get full refund including paypal fees back in these scenarios?
I make a note in my calendar and I remind the artist on day 30 and day 42 - on day 44, I put in the "no receipt claim" which gives the artist another (I think 30) days to respond or do the piece-- after that I make sure to escalate to a claim which is key because if you don't escalate within the proper time frame, you cannot get a refund. I have done it twice -- both times, the commissions were done BEFORE the claim period expired at which point a full refund would be given to me by paypal from the artist's account and if they don't have the money, their account can be frozen. I'm very upfront about it.

Two other artists gave me full refunds and later came back and had time and did the pieces and got paid.

Hope that helps
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #42
Underdog07
Hercules

Michael - did you feel that the pieces where you had to do this were in anyway inferior to other works you have seen by the artist?
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 11:06 PM   #43
Spidey62
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Michael - did you feel that the pieces where you had to do this were in anyway inferior to other works you have seen by the artist?
That is a good question. I would always be thinking that I got less/rushed/angry effort due to the claim.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:13 AM   #44
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

had a weird exchange with EVS a few years ago. very condescendng dude.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:58 AM   #45
Mfinn123
Hydra

Quote:
Of the two that I got refunds and later came back, absolutely not inferior. Of the two where I put in claims, one was phenomenal and the other was "ok"...but, if I hadn't put in the claim, I don't think I'd even have an "ok" piece -- I think I'd still be waiting....

As for EVS, I would avoid him as he appears to be habitually very late if he delivers at all -- in some States, what he is doing is considered a crime.
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #46
Shiz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

A friend of mine discussed a piece with him at a Wizard World show and friended him on Facebook. After reading this thread, I asked him why he never went forward with it. He said that he talked to people that have worked with him and there were too many red flags to risk it.

He also says that if EVS spent 1/4 the time finishing pieces he's been paid for that he does trolling Liberals on social media, he'd be as prolific as Jack Kirby.

(Please Note: NOT trying to make a political commentary, just trying to offer an explanation. Apparently Obama-bashing to EVS is like Playstation to Joe Madureira )
Shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 12:12 PM   #47
Shiz
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Okay. I see what you were saying. Thanks for clarifying. It originally came off to me as Spencer was in cahoots with the artists and was using that policy to assist with not providing art.
No worries. I appreciate the mea culpa.
Shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:17 PM   #48
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

The fact that he still pulls this crap when he was publicly called out a few years back amazes me. All people are looking for is a little communication at the very least.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #49
Spidey62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimrbarnes View Post
had a weird exchange with EVS a few years ago. very condescendng dude.
I had an interesting experience with him as well. It was at Supermegafest in Framingham MA a couple years ago. He was set up in a conference room and there were only 6 or 8 people waiting so I jumped in the line. Lots of conversation. Yes, he did get a little political but I can't say that he lead the conversation there. Either way it was low key back and forth. He was doing head shots for $40 and I got a nice Scarecrow. I would be fine with getting a show piece from him but from the comments here, even though I would love a larger piece, I would be wary.
Spidey62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:50 PM   #50
MO42

Blast him on facebook.
MO42 is offline   Reply With Quote