Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I will admidt I was not very happy w/ the controls on the demo (although graphically it looks fantastic). I have been thinking about it lately, though, and I think I was being too harsh...it plays basically the same as any other RE game. I think the problem is there have been so many good FPS the last couple years and we are used to being able to run and shoot.

Anyway, Toys r Us has a $20 gift card w/ the pruchase, so for that price I will get it.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
I'm no Resident Evil expert (having only completed RE 1 & 2), but I thought this new game looks and plays a lot better than Resident Evil 4. Resident Evil 4 was good, but it never held my interest enough to want to complete it. Yeah, I admit I judge games way too much on graphics than actual gameplay (I'll never be a good game critic), but with that said, I think Resident Evil 5 looks really good and it has me interested in getting deep into the game.

I played RE 1 but the series never really grabbed my interest till I played 4. 4 had great music, great graphics & the controls were tight. Awesome game & the extras on the PS2 version are awesome.

I played the the RE 5 demo & the controls just felt off. The configuration of the buttons felt uncomfortable. The graphics are amazing & from some of the clips I've seen the story seems to be interesting.

Anyone have any guesses as to Who Wesker unveils to the Chris & his partner???
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #13
MrYac
Hercules

i've liked all the RE games, but i loved 4 so i was very excited for this, was easily going to be a day 1 buy...then i played the demo, the controls felt off, the partner was instantly annoying with the ammo stealing and needing to heal her...oh plus if she dies (which happened a few times in the 5 minute demo alone) you lose, and who the hell was the genius who thought an active in game inventory was a good idea for RE.....ugh, i'll still get around to playing it but the demo totally killed any real desire i had for this game
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The controls are very awkward. Why can't you move (walk, run) and shoot at the same time? Dead Space is (my opinion) the best survival horror game ever. Hopefully RE5 is half as good.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #15
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i've liked all the RE games, but i loved 4 so i was very excited for this, was easily going to be a day 1 buy...then i played the demo, the controls felt off, the partner was instantly annoying with the ammo stealing and needing to heal her...oh plus if she dies (which happened a few times in the 5 minute demo alone) you lose, and who the hell was the genius who thought an active in game inventory was a good idea for RE.....ugh, i'll still get around to playing it but the demo totally killed any real desire i had for this game
The controls for me seem fine, but like I mentioned before, I'm only a casual game player so my opinion doesn't mean much here.

As for your partner Shiva, I think it's cool playing along side her. The game gives you options as how you want her controlled. The way I have the settings, nobody can just into the game via on-line and screw my game up, plus she will not pick up items unless I tell her to. From what I played last night, I depend on her a lot with her kicking ass and healing me when I need it.

It really is an awesome gaming experience and I'm surprised it's not getting much love here. Maybe there will be some positive words once the retail edition hits the stores, since there's a chance that it was more refined than the demo.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #16
MrYac
Hercules

like i said i'll def play it and i guarantee i'll enjoy it when i get into it, but i wasn't as blown away by the demo as i wanted to be, so it'll be a rental first instead of a purchase
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:16 PM   #17
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
goodydog12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
logan25
Sculptor
Sculptor

Just got mine today and i have to wait till sodding soap opreas are finished before my gf will let me anywhere near the TV even though i explained that some zombies needed killing
logan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:01 AM   #19
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I did an internet search today to see if there were any reviews for RE5, to give me an idea of why so many people have issues with this game, and I was not surprised with what I found.

Sure enough (as I suspected), many complained that the game didn't resemble the others in the series. To be honest, I was hoping for a change to this long going series.

If I had the knowledge (and talent) to make an accurate review of this game, it would look a lot like this one:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/960/960151p1.html
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #20
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan25 View Post
Just got mine today and i have to wait till sodding soap opreas are finished before my gf will let me anywhere near the TV even though i explained that some zombies needed killing
I know what feeling well
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote