Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-03-2022, 05:35 PM   #4811
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
@Gonk, what is the status of the bishoujo line - specifically Marvel, DC, Horror and MLP? It feels like it's been a long time since we've seen a new reveal (besides the MLP variants).

Also, has Koto ever considered doing a classic horror line? I would love to see bishoujo of characters like Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein, Bride of Dracula. Think that would be sick
I can say the next DC Bishoujo, Barbara Gordon Batgirl (the illustration was shown during Kotobukiya Collection earlier this year) is scheduled to go up for preorder later this month.

I can also confirm new Marvel Bishoujo projects are in the works.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #4812
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I'm still here. It's been tough finding time to chime in since I'm currently the only employee based in the US. I have a number of other responsibilities that require my attention. I also just finished attending 3 events in a row (SWC, AX, SDCC). But I'll be more active on these boards in the coming weeks and months. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Understood, that is disheartening to hear and confirms an asumption. Thank you for the response Gonk.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:26 PM   #4813
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
So our horror based Bishoujo offerings are still being actively discussed but other projects are scheduled to be announced first (like Darkstalkers was). We have something big coming up for Bishoujo which is probably at the top of many personal wish lists!
Ooooh, I cannot wait to find out what it is. My personal wish list would be Mortal Kombat or Final Fantasy. Masters of the Universe would be amazing too.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:18 PM   #4814
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres View Post
I agree, I was hoping to see Cable and Deadpool at SDCC, but i think that what happened it's that it wasn't Kotobukiya and instead it was Koto.Inc (US Kotobukiya), and that's why a lot of new pieces weren't at the con, that's what I think but who knows.
Just to clarify Koto Inc is not the US office of Kotobukiya but rather a totally independent distributor who is an official distributor of our products in the US. The same applies to kotous.com, as this is not our official US retail web store but rather a site operated by Koto Inc.

I did send a request that Cable be sent to the US to be displayed at our SDCC booth but unfortunately a painted prototype was not available due to a scheduling conflict. I can say we will make having more Marvel, Star Wars and DC Comic products on display for SDCC 2023 a priority.

As a side note I have had the privilege of opening a production sample for Cable last week and it's simply awesome, both in sculpt details, the paint ops and the sheer weight of this statue!
Old 10-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #4815
AC_808
Hercules

Awesome to hear from you, gonk!

Thanks for the updates!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 02:50 PM   #4816
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I can say the next DC Bishoujo, Barbara Gordon Batgirl (the illustration was shown during Kotobukiya Collection earlier this year) is scheduled to go up for preorder later this month.

I can also confirm new Marvel Bishoujo projects are in the works.
Thanks for updates.

Hopeful DC Bishoujo continue after Batgirl. I feel like Punchline be an obviously choice coming up (and I still hold out hope for Big Barda and Donna Troy).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 07:27 AM   #4817
KiDD
Birdman

Hello Gonk! Any news on the Neal Adams Batman ARTFX statue?
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:17 PM   #4818
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
Hello Gonk! Any news on the Neal Adams Batman ARTFX statue?
I believe preorders are scheduled to open up sometime next month.
Old 10-06-2022, 03:16 AM   #4819
Andres
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Just to clarify Koto Inc is not the US office of Kotobukiya but rather a totally independent distributor who is an official distributor of our products in the US. The same applies to kotous.com, as this is not our official US retail web store but rather a site operated by Koto Inc.

I did send a request that Cable be sent to the US to be displayed at our SDCC booth but unfortunately a painted prototype was not available due to a scheduling conflict. I can say we will make having more Marvel, Star Wars and DC Comic products on display for SDCC 2023 a priority.

As a side note I have had the privilege of opening a production sample for Cable last week and it's simply awesome, both in sculpt details, the paint ops and the sheer weight of this statue!
Thanks for the visibility Gonk! Can't wait to see it in person, when can we expect to see the next one for the line? I asked a couple of weeks ago on Instagram and according to them we will see something new soon, this year has been really dry for Fine Art pieces.
Andres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 02:25 PM   #4820
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

nice to see you back gonk

had few questions, please:

1. is 1/6 gambit still coming? (to match the wolverine, cyclops and magneto) any other xmen in the pipeline?

2. any chance of a morrigan bishoujo variant? one without tongue sticking out? player 2 variant?
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote