Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-24-2021, 12:33 AM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Hulk vs. Thor: Banner of War

A five part slug fest to determine who?s stronger, coming in April. Looks pretty savage!

https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-vs-t...t-avenger-win/
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:55 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

Wish I could get excited or hell, even interested in this. Comics have been dead for me for several years now. Don’t mean to rain on your parade wktf I know you’re a solid Thor fan but the way Marvel has been doing gimmicks to just stay afloat these past few years makes me not put any real importance on anything those yahoos think up.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:16 AM   #3
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Might be interesting considering that Cates is writing both of them.
But Aaron, or whatever his names is, and Marvel Cinema ruined Thor. People tend to forget this rivalry is not based on strenght but popularity.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:52 AM   #4
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wish I could get excited or hell, even interested in this. Comics have been dead for me for several years now. Don?t mean to rain on your parade wktf I know you?re a solid Thor fan but the way Marvel has been doing gimmicks to just stay afloat these past few years makes me not put any real importance on anything those yahoos think up.

I must admit -- I agree. I have not purchased anything new off the stands in years. I typically wait to hear about something worth reading through the comic readers grapevine, and even then, I do not often hear good things coming out of Marvel or DC. I haven't felt like the target reading audience in quite a while. Time for the next generation to have their turn.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 02:34 AM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Back to old endless argument, huh. Just wait for Hulk fans to see the thread... xD

Both Thanos and Iron Man beat the crap out of Hulk in MCU. Thor with Stormbreaker is Stronger than Thanos, Hulk has no chance again Thor, if he has the Stormbreaker. Heck, Hulk has no chance even against meow meow, if you ask me. Thor is a God, he is out of Hulk's league.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:01 AM   #6
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Back to old endless argument, huh. Just wait for Hulk fans to see the thread... xD

Both Thanos and Iron Man beat the crap out of Hulk in MCU. Thor with Stormbreaker is Stronger than Thanos, Hulk has no chance again Thor, if he has the Stormbreaker. Heck, Hulk has no chance even against meow meow, if you ask me. Thor is a God, he is out of Hulk's league.
The MCU and the Marvel Comics Universe are two separate worlds. There’s a trade paperback that came out years ago collecting the Thor vs Hulk battles and most of the stories (not all) are pretty good reads. Thor doesn’t wield Stormbreaker in the comics. And while Thor is a god, Hulk’s strength has at times surpassed Thor’s. I don’t think this story will settle anything. It’s only value is whether it’s a good read on its own.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:05 AM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Wish I could get excited or hell, even interested in this. Comics have been dead for me for several years now. Don?t mean to rain on your parade wktf I know you?re a solid Thor fan but the way Marvel has been doing gimmicks to just stay afloat these past few years makes me not put any real importance on anything those yahoos think up.
You’re not raining on my parade at all, Mister H. I agree with you, though I’ve still been buying a title or two, though a far cry from what I used to buy 10 - 15 years ago.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:55 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
The MCU and the Marvel Comics Universe are two separate worlds. There?s a trade paperback that came out years ago collecting the Thor vs Hulk battles and most of the stories (not all) are pretty good reads. Thor doesn?t wield Stormbreaker in the comics. And while Thor is a god, Hulk?s strength has at times surpassed Thor?s. I don?t think this story will settle anything. It?s only value is whether it?s a good read on its own.
What can i say, i have never read Thor and i read very little Hulk... I don't even know whose run the Hulk i read in turkish was, back in the day when i was at high school... Banner was a figutive, Hulk was out of control and destroying Cities. American Government and military was after figutive Banner... Hulk had probably murdered hundred thounds or something in his rampages in cities... This was basicly what i read with Hulk so yeah, i know Marvel comics can be very different than MCU but i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Marvel as a DC guy. All i know from Thor is from MCU because he was dead when i was reading Avengers and i haven never read his title. I know some Ultimate Thor that i read in Ultimates. His hammer was kind of like Stormbreaker as design but he had his powers from his belt...

I'm a DC guy but even DC hasn't stopped to surprise me here and there with its vast lore btw...
Old 12-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #9
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
What can i say, i have never read Thor and i read very little Hulk... I don't even know whose run the Hulk i read in turkish was, back in the day when i was at high school... Banner was a figutive, Hulk was out of control and destroying Cities. American Government and military was after figutive Banner... Hulk had probably murdered hundred thounds or something in his rampages in cities... This was basicly what i read with Hulk so yeah, i know Marvel comics can be very different than MCU but i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Marvel as a DC guy. All i know from Thor is from MCU because he was dead when i was reading Avengers and i haven never read his title. I know some Ultimate Thor that i read in Ultimates. His hammer was kind of like Stormbreaker as design but he had his powers from his belt...

I'm a DC guy but even DC hasn't stopped to surprise me here and there with its vast lore btw...
Here?s the tpb I mentioned. It?s got comic book stories of Thor vs Hulk going back to the 1960s to more current times. As I said, not all are great but, for the most part, especially for the low cost of this book, it?s worth picking up if you?re interested in their comic book history:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Vs-Hulk-...s%2C144&sr=8-3
Old 12-29-2021, 09:00 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Here?s the tpb I mentioned. It?s got comic book stories of Thor vs Hulk going back to the 1960s to more current times. As I said, not all are great but, for the most part, especially for the low cost of this book, it?s worth picking up if you?re interested in their comic book history:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Vs-Hulk-...s%2C144&sr=8-3
Thanks for the recommendation, joe. (: