Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #9341
FJC
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Customs are cool but I don't know why anyone would even want a recast.
Ask that of the 3500 REG buyers who missed out on the EX. EX buyers sure don't want it happening. Recasting causes the value of a piece to plummet in the aftermarket. The Iron Man COM was going for serious $$$$ in the aftermarket at one point. By the time recasters were done with that piece, The EX and REGs go for around retail or less now. I feel for anyone who pays high aftermarket prices for a piece they missed out on and then start seeing recasted pieces flooding the market.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #9342
Y3E
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Y3E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where the Sun doesn't shine
Posts: 7,926
Don't buy recast heads. Buy custom made heads.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #9343
adee
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
adee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 9,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Ask that of the 3500 REG buyers who missed out on the EX. EX buyers sure don't want it happening. Recasting causes the value of a piece to plummet in the aftermarket. The Iron Man COM was going for serious $$$$ in the aftermarket at one point. By the time recasters were done with that piece, The EX and REGs go for around retail or less now. I feel for anyone who pays high aftermarket prices for a piece they missed out on and then start seeing recasted pieces flooding the market.
A fake is a fake. I just don't understand why anyone would even want something like that. Kinda like getting original art that somebody traced.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #9344
SONICobra
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
SONICobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,240
something super slimy about buying a recast anything whether it be a statue or a portrait, its just one of those things you dont do or support as an enthusiast of the hobby
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #9345
Mister H
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
 
Mister H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: High Hrothgar
Posts: 1,166
Aren't recasts usually of noticeably lesser quality? If you're getting a recast head, then it wouldn't really look right with the original body.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #9346
NorthernLadMSP
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
NorthernLadMSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
A fake is a fake. I just don't understand why anyone would even want something like that. Kinda like getting original art that somebody traced.
Or a Louis Vuitton wallet you bought out of the trunk of someone's car in a dark alley LOL.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #9347
adee
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
adee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 9,095
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #9348
nearmint
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 2,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Aren't recasts usually of noticeably lesser quality? If you're getting a recast head, then it wouldn't really look right with the original body.
Looks like the real deal to me...

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #9349
Ryanbusts
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Ryanbusts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Lmfao.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #9350
Ryanbusts
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
Ryanbusts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,606
Recasting statues is even worse for the hobby than SS edition sizes.

Recasting is a crime.
Look up chibson, they bootleg every hobby they can profit from.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com