Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-17-2021, 10:22 AM   #461
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It had more to do with the ownership making many poor business decisions and also buying millions of dollars worth of props for his own collection with CC funds. I also found out he got into trouble before CC even existed for fraud in relation to his medical career too so it's no shocker he didn't run CC the right way and people are getting screwed now. It's really a shame for everyone else involved.
paul had a medical career?

paul is a medical doctor?
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 12:12 PM   #462
KoBE
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Above All View Post
paul had a medical career?

paul is a medical doctor?
He’s talking about Clay Brown.
KoBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #463
Bagassi
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barad_dur View Post
I took a chance and ordered the indominous rex.
Couldn’t pass up that huge price cut.
how much was it discounted?

I had it pre ordered and never got it

I got a refund, but I really wanted the statue.
Bagassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:12 PM   #464
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagassi View Post
how much was it discounted?

I had it pre ordered and never got it

I got a refund, but I really wanted the statue.
They still have them for sale at $550 plus $4 ship & tax.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:31 PM   #465
WitchKing73
Frackin!

Refund secured! Took awhile, but credit card company was able to strong arm Chronicle Collectibles into returning my $ for the unproduced Picard bust. Count myself lucky, as they were under no obligation to fight on my behalf, as the pre-order was over a year old (Nov '19) & past normal protection time. Thanks to information shared by other members in this thread & the one over at RPF, I was able to gather & present the correct documentation & formulate a strategy. Much appreciated!
WitchKing73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:54 AM   #466
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchKing73 View Post
Refund secured! Took awhile, but credit card company was able to strong arm Chronicle Collectibles into returning my $ for the unproduced Picard bust. Count myself lucky, as they were under no obligation to fight on my behalf, as the pre-order was over a year old (Nov '19) & past normal protection time. Thanks to information shared by other members in this thread & the one over at RPF, I was able to gather & present the correct documentation & formulate a strategy. Much appreciated!
I think the chroniclecollectibles.com web site domain name has not been renewed. Or they wiped the site completely. You use to be able to login, see all your orders, pre-orders not fulfilled, amounts and tracking numbers, toward end of 2020. Now nothing. see attached screen shot.

This is a lot like the unlicensed pool contractor scam, a residential construction service, that gives you quote to build a pool, they ask for a deposit, then if they show up 1 day or 1 hour and dig a few holes, take some measurement, run a few string lines, that is considered by law, good faith attempt, and it becomes a civil matter, not criminal, becasue they showed up one time and started project and had intended on building the pool. Real experience for me.

If the contractor took the deposit and never shows up even once or ever, then its a criminal matter.

I think chronicle got themselves into a possible legal criminal issue, by creating prototype, taking paid in full and pre-orders on payments, and never delivering final product and probably never making an attempt to start the steps to bring items to production or manufacturing them. Chronicle was
pre-selling a retail physical item, not a pool service, but the legal concepts still apply. You take the order and some payment, you deliver the item or refund otherwise its is criminal act.

Where they have really gotten themselves in trouble is, they did not refund all pre-orders, only some. That's like admitting, it was a scam and they are only making whole the people who really complain or escalate the issue to them and now their law firm, which is what the credit card companies and partialy.ly did.

When I got my refund, I called my credit card customer service and asked for summary of dispute:

Summary:
Chronicle just collected funds for items on pre-sale, using good faith of people who placed pre-orders. If they never delivered, intended or started manufacturing process for any reason (lack of fund...etc. anything) there are multiple criminal/fraud charges the owners of the company can be charged with, depending on which state you are in they could be liable for, if refund is not issued. Does not matter why the item was not delivered. A pre-order with no funds would be a completely different story, but a pre-order with funds transfers, implies eventual delivery of product item.

This is basically what credit card customer service rep told me, how they got my full refund back. Only took 29 days.

Makes sense now, why would anyone risk of felony criminal charge over, 1 one pre-order refund. Basic risk management. My order was around $3,000.00 of items never built vs.10+ years in jail. Just the cost to defend a criminal charge is way larger than a single pre-order refund. That seems to be how its being handled.

Otherwise, why the refunds way past credit card 60 day payment guarantee. Some over 1+ years?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	136136  
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #467
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

For those who have not received refund yet, you can try the following.

I had success getting justice with scamming companies, that tried to screw me. Most people do know the power your state and county give you as a resident.

I would suggest anyone who got scammed by paying with checking or savings account or making monthly payment with checking or saving account directly to Chronicle or did not get refund. Just draft up a letter to Chronicle's law firm:

Norred Law, PLLC
Clayton Everret
515 E Border St
Arlington, TX 76010

State your name address, phone #, email address and complaint.

For example, Chronicle just collected for items on pre-sale, using the good faith of people, who placed paid pre-orders and Chronicle never delivered the item. If they never delivered, intended or started manufacturing process for any reason (lack of fund...etc.) there are multiple criminal/fraud charges the owners of the company can be charged with, depending on which state you are in they could be liable for.

Otherwise why would they still be giving refunds?

It's very obvious, the people who push it with Chronicles law firm get a refund, via partial.ly or credit card company, as chronicle has turned it over to the law firm now.

1) Just state you purchased items a,b,c & d from chronicle collectibles on purchase dates, on pre-order with payment and the items were never delivered.

With Chronicle collectibles in bankruptcy process, law requires to settle all debts if possible and now chroniclecollectibles.com web site, wiped completely, there is no chance of items being delivered. Chronicle took pre-order sales funds from customers and never delivered thus they have committed criminal fraud on all orders that have not been refunded.

Mention you know that people who complain and dispute to credit card companies and Partialy.ly have gotten full refunds recently (end of 2020, begining 2021).

Ask nicely for a full refund, then state, if they dont refund your payment, you will be filing a criminal complaint with your state and county you live in and since your order was under $5,000.00 (or your states small claims limit), you will be filing in your counties, your state's small claims court, a law suit for your losses.

This is your real power. For a small fee, your state/county allows a resident, to file a small claims law suit, against any person or company. A company must answer the legal complaint and can not defend itself, they have to hire a local attorney or licensed in your state, reply to your law suit and then if not resolved, to show up in your counties court date or issue your refund. It will cost more in attorneys fees, than it will to just refund your money. That was my next move, if I didn't get a refund.

Small claims law suite is a 2 or 3 page form you fill out, attach your documentation, small claims filling fee and small fee for serving law suit papers to Chronicle's law firm.

This works really well and a lot of people are not aware of these abilities as a consumer.

I have used this same tactics, 3 times with companies that have tried to rip me off, overcharge me or dont do what the contract says. The company makes one call to an attorney firm or their attorney, the attorney tells them to just settle it, resolve or refund money, because if you decide to stay the course with small claims law suite, you can defend yourself as a state resident (just go up an cry to judge with your docs), company cant defend themselves, have to hire or have an attorney licensed in the state and the cost to defend all the way to judge decision with $10,000-20,000, and with no legal leg to stand on, why would any company do that.

I know it seems like a lot of work, but if you want your money back from Chronicle, all other avenues have failed you, you will will have to force them to do the right thing, this will work.

Send the certified letter to law firm addressed to Chronicle collectibles C/O
Norred Law, PLLC, Clayton Everret and. I bet you get a refund.

If not just check with your counties small claims division and see what the cost of filing small claims suit and cost to serve the law suit. Last time I checked it was under $200.00 for both.

Bottom line, for a little bit of paperwork, will probably get your funds back. For a small fee to file and serve small claims lawsuit in your county, will get your funds back and you dont need an attorney.

1) Attach copy of pre-orders not delivered.

2) Copy of all payment confirmations or bank statement line items, screen shot with snag-it.

3) Make sure all your contact info is on the letter.

4) Call law office and get email of attorney handling Chronicle case. Email him a copy of letter and documents once completed.

5) Most important step here, print out your letter and all supporting documents, pre-order, payments, emails from chronicle, law firms letter on facebook, other peoples post on chronicles communication about pre-order never filled. any send it certified mail to the attorney at the law firm and make sure you keep a copy of all documents and copy of the certified mailing receipt and label.

6) in the certified letter, ask for a response by a certain date (30 days from receipt of cert letter), or you will be filing both criminal and small claims law suite.

For sending one certified letter, you have nothing to loose, but your refund.

At some-point the bankruptcy will be finalized and all chances of getting refund will then be gone.
Good luck
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 01:02 PM   #468
franktank
Justice League

My two cents:

Do not take no for an answer from the bank and/or credit card company.

Try and explain the situation fully to the representative. If they do not help or try to deny because of 60 day or 120 day limit for refunds etc.

Had to talk to 3 different people working my way up the chain.
There are exceptions/justifications for getting refund “past” the deadline.

If I would have accepted no when the first 2 reps said it was “too late” I would NOT have received my money back.

I didn’t have to submit a single piece of paper or info to the banks or credit card companies.

Only thing I provided via telephone were dates and dollar $ amounts and a good verbal summary of what happened.

I suggest trying and trying again to get your funds back.
Mine was I think 3 different banks and 3 different credit cards (companies) .
franktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #469
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If anything good has come from all of this, it's the suggestions and helpful information from many people trying to help each other out of a trip through uncanny valley.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #470
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

what I want to know is where is the 1:2 stargate fossil?

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote