Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #2771
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
In that case, it is 18 to 24 months - which is completely ridiculous. A woman can give birth to two brand new human beings in that time period.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #2772
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
This Red Sonja PF was first teased on 12-26-2014. So yeah, that's been quite a while ago. I measure Sideshows lead time from teaser date to delivery date. In that case, it is 18 to 24 months - which is completely ridiculous. A woman can give birth to two brand new human beings in that time period. SS needs to add production capacity (e.g. Add another factory).

Having said that though, SS has delivered some PF's earlier than expected in the last 12 months or so which has been a nice surprise!
The discussion was about sell out rates so using time when the statue isn't even able to be purchased doesn't make any sense. It should be from the day pre order's start to the date deliveries start and again that's usually 10-12 months. Any additional months it takes to sell out a statue should be added on to that figure and given, not all of Sideshow statues sell out before thier released, but thier sales rates have still been highly impressive nonetheless.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 12:47 PM   #2773
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I wasn't responding to anyone's post about sell-out rates, I was just making a statement about this PF's lead time for collectors. Yes, the prior discussion about sell-outs is what made go back and see the date this PF was first announced, but it was not intended as a response to that discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
The discussion was about sell out rates so using time when the statue isn't even able to be purchased doesn't make any sense. It should be from the day pre order's start to the date deliveries start and again that's usually 10-12 months. Any additional months it takes to sell out a statue should be added on to that figure and given, not all of Sideshow statues sell out before thier released, but thier sales rates have still been highly impressive nonetheless.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:48 AM   #2774
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Thanks, I'll update the figures.

14-18 months? I don't know what statues you have been buying but the vast majority of Sideshow statues I have ordered were more in the 10-12 months range, maybe 14 months at the most. I can't remember a single statue that was released a full year and a half after it went up for preorder. Angela and Black Canary are set for 10-11 months and Red Sonja went up for pre order on 11/16 so this is around 12 months as well. I use Flex Pay for all of my statue purchases and 8 is the highest number of payments I have ever been allowed to have and payments usually start 1-2 months after pre orders start. Some statues get payments pushed back 1-2 months so again your usually at 10-12 months.
Sideshow statues are always getting delayed, I would guess 60%-70% of their statues get delayed ... I think Superman PF takes the prize for longest statue delay as most collectors had to wait close to 2 years to get it...

I just got two notices from SS the other day that my statue and X-Men poster got pushed back....Even at 10-12 months that is just way to long... IMO SS shouldn't start pre-sales until the statue is within a 4-6 month release window... That said SS is not the only company with lots of delays....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #2775
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Base HYPE!!!

Gotta hope the paint app does this justice.

Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:18 PM   #2776
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

SSAlex, Igo, can you give us a status about 'where are you'-as a Company- in regards to this statue, please?

Just look at these GORGEOUS pics!
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:11 PM   #2777
Comicbookguy
Hercules

SS please paint must be better than the first one. Hope it's not the same factory who painted the first. For the price hike that should cover a better factory.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #2778
Moralsrbaseless
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
Base HYPE!!!

Gotta hope the paint app does this justice.

In a post now riddled with debate on business practice and subjective topics, I appreciate where your hearts at lol :P. I have a diamond cutting hard on for this statue, which is only topped by my excitement for the DP, but only by a hair. It might even be better than DP if they get the paint app down, and at this price point if I'm not blown away, I'm returning this -----.
Moralsrbaseless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:40 AM   #2779
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
SS please paint must be better than the first one. Hope it's not the same factory who painted the first. For the price hike that should cover a better factory.
Amen brutha! Let's all hope for the best!
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:14 PM   #2780
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Without question one of the most beautiful statues in the entire history of the statue market.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote