Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2016, 11:24 PM   #1051
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
I too would love to see SS continue the line.

Shredder
April
Casey Jones
Splinter

Would be my top choices.

Would also love to see Baxter Stockman with Mousers, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Karai, and a Foot Soldier.

EDIT: If you watch SS Kevin Eastman video https://youtu.be/sr5YpvxRrHI
Starting at 2:10 they show what looks like concept art for SS turtles.
At 2:29 they show artwork for shredder. I'm curious if this is concept artwork for SS shredder?
I think you are correct about the turtle concept art but isn't that the idw comic shredder?

strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #1052
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Just out of curiosity, but are there actually people on these boards that enjoyed Bay's TMNT's? I cringed the entire way through it.
I barely got through the first 10-15 minutes of the first movie then called it quits. I might try to go back and watch them again. Although I might have to wait until I suffer a serious injury and am on strong meds in order to gut it out.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:30 AM   #1053
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I think you are correct about the turtle concept art but isn't that the idw comic shredder?

No idea that's why I asked. I don't keep up with the comics.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #1054
thebatmanfan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

IMO i really dislike the BAY Turtles. I don't like how huge the turtles are, I don't like Megan Fox and I don't like how their armor looks, I don't like shredder and the list goes on... I enjoy SS's representation of them because they kept it simple, they didn't add any crazy dew rags, tribal armor, glasses, or radios to their heads. I definitely love the low exclusive and most of all it being the red masks paying homage to the old comics. Being that the majority of people don't follow the comics most will be satisfied with the colored masks. Im excited to see Raphael's exclusive. It will most likely be a head with no mask, a removable trench coat and hat would be cool too lol I would love to see a Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady.
thebatmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #1055
danteipp
Hellboy

It is funny, I read the comics first, specifically I believe the original first printing graphic novel from 1986, so the colored bandannas were a surprise to me when I first saw them.

Now, I wish I had tracked down some of the original TMNT comics back in the day.

Once I started working, I managed to secure most of the key silver and copper age comics I wanted, since it coincided with the comic crash in the 90's that helped make for some more reasonable prices, however, I never got around to the turtles.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:28 PM   #1056
Mario Wario
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
I too would love to see SS continue the line.

Shredder
April
Casey Jones
Splinter

Would be my top choices.

Would also love to see Baxter Stockman with Mousers, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang, Karai, and a Foot Soldier.

EDIT: If you watch SS Kevin Eastman video https://youtu.be/sr5YpvxRrHI
Starting at 2:10 they show what looks like concept art for SS turtles.
At 2:29 they show artwork for shredder. I'm curious if this is concept artwork for SS shredder?
IMO, Shredder would be the pick in most likely being a statue in this line, as that video shows to support this idea. SS is thinking on doing it. Maybe Casey Jones could get some love, too, but I doubt April and Splinter will be made. I don't see enough demand for those two when comparing to other TMNT characters that SS would see as profitable. But hey, you never know.
Mario Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:48 PM   #1057
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, but are there actually people on these boards that enjoyed Bay's TMNT's? I cringed the entire way through it.
First was horrible. I enjoyed the 2nd film though. A fun summer flick
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:36 AM   #1058
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatmanfan View Post
IMO i really dislike the BAY Turtles. I don't like how huge the turtles are, I don't like Megan Fox and I don't like how their armor looks, I don't like shredder and the list goes on... I enjoy SS's representation of them because they kept it simple, they didn't add any crazy dew rags, tribal armor, glasses, or radios to their heads. I definitely love the low exclusive and most of all it being the red masks paying homage to the old comics. Being that the majority of people don't follow the comics most will be satisfied with the colored masks. Im excited to see Raphael's exclusive. It will most likely be a head with no mask, a removable trench coat and hat would be cool too lol I would love to see a Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady.
I don't get why they have to be so big. The turtles are supposed to small and agile, u have michael bay's turtles running across the roofs breaking more tiles than the Tumbler. It's fookin idiotic.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #1059
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
It's hard to watch, and the second is even harder.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #1060
Squizzy614
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I actually do like the new movies... I think they could have been better, but I still really enjoyed them... I hope they make another, but sadly I don't think they will... The way people talk about the new movies, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see another
Squizzy614 is offline   Reply With Quote