Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: DC or Marvel...which are you more excited about?
DC- Can we say only a few more characters...and we have the JLA 36 69.23%
Marvel- ummm have you notice we are getting different marvel universe characters. 15 28.85%
Neither - Overrated licenses for marvel & DC. 1 1.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #11
FJC
Midnighter

I'm more of a Marvel guy but SSC has been real hit or miss for me personally with their Marvel offerings since they had the license. However, I'm really digging their Marvel releases over the last year or 2. I've picked up Red Skull, Dr. Doom, modern Thor, Sabretooth variant, and brown Wolverine and I really like them all. The Marvel pieces we've seen at SDCC have also been impressive IMO. SSC has been on a good streak of late.

That said, IMO the DC line has been very exciting and well done from the start. I have Joker, Ivy, Catwoman, Lobo, GL, Aquaman, Harley, and the Trinity. All those PFs are amazing. I really think that SSC has been on the right track with their DC offerings from the get go. Bane will probably be my next DC PF and I'm looking forward to anything else they may have down the road.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:31 PM   #12
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
And jean grey and storm and Scarlett witch and Emma and X-23 with the cartoony eyeballs I looked at the DC women then looked at the marvel women and thought to myself what the h*ll???!! Now I do love Gamora ,Angela,Captain Marvel and Phoenix so let's hope they will keep it going
X-23 please totally forgot! Yes!!! A sculpt done by Steve, harbottle, or Newman!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:32 PM   #13
Nyxs
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Dark Phoenix owns all....MARVEL

I just wish they would revisit some duds...
New Rogue, Psylocke, Emma

I think the DC line is consistently strong.

I don't get the poll options.....mostly the comments after the licensed company.
Was bummed out about how Rogue came out and the paint cracking on my Psylocke.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:03 PM   #14
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I feel it just has to do with what has come out recently in the last couple years. SS has started going with some absolutely fantastic poses...ie spiderman and the upcoming deadpool. Both DC and Marvel are doing great currently. I happen to love the scarlet witch pf. Anyhow...if only we could keep the price on these in the $400s. They just seem to continue to climb.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:50 AM   #15
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Definitely DC in my opinion. Not even close to be honest. That being said, Marvel has some really nice pieces coming out so its looking like its going to even up a bit more. In particular, I am super excited to get Captain Marvel, Gamora, and Angela. Still, looking back over the last couple years, DC has definitely been the better of the two.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:32 AM   #16
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Overall, DC. Almost every single DC piece I have is amazing. The only one that was kinda lackluster was the original Poison Ivy. But, then the green version more than made up for it. Power Girl, Batman, Joker, Harley, and classic Catwoman are all amazingly well done.

I do have some amazing Marvel pieces like Storm, She Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Gambit (unfortunately, sold him years ago).

Then you have pieces like Rogue which was so bad I had to have her portrait totally repainted. Psylocke had to be returned due to cracking paint. Emma Frost is just totally bleh and has me convinced that SS just can't do a fantastic Emma. Black Widow too - I can't stand either of the BW pieces they've done.

However, I will say, based on some of the new Marvel pieces that have gone up for order (Dark Phoenix, Capt. Marvel), things are starting to look up.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:35 AM   #17
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

I don't get the poll options.....mostly the comments after the licensed company.
You're right on the money, imo.
DC has more volume and as much as I dig most of the recent reveals, I do prefer their new Marvel pieces. With any luck SS will have a chance to give us versions of previously released characters which are up to the new standard (which is high). Did we ever get a concrete reason there are more DC releases than Marvel?
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:37 AM   #18
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Overall, DC. Almost every single DC piece I have is amazing. The only one that was kinda lackluster was the original Poison Ivy. But, then the green version more than made up for it. Power Girl, Batman, Joker, Harley, and classic Catwoman are all amazingly well done.

I do have some amazing Marvel pieces like Storm, She Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Gambit (unfortunately, sold him years ago).

Then you have pieces like Rogue which was so bad I had to have her portrait totally repainted. Psylocke had to be returned due to cracking paint. Emma Frost is just totally bleh and has me convinced that SS just can't do a fantastic Emma.
The adam hughes emma comiquette looks pretty good. I also think the new pf looks nice though i'm just not a fan of the stiletto heels.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:54 AM   #19
Jonezy89
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Can't forget about the guardians of the galaxy line that's currently being rolled out I'm loving this line just hopeing we get star Lord,thanos which is coming,drax,yondu,nebula,ronan.

Crossing my fingers but great job to date IMO
Jonezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonezy89 View Post
Can't forget about the guardians of the galaxy line that's currently being rolled out I'm loving this line just hopeing we get star Lord,thanos which is coming,drax,yondu,nebula,ronan.

Crossing my fingers but great job to date IMO
+1 all this

otherwise in don t anderstand the first post and poll
it's not the same question
and even i don t get it (frenchy stupid as a frog ^^)

so sry i didn't vote.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote