Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #191
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Have seen much enough the guys like you in my nation,you won't influent me.
I feel happy with this forum cuz the artists can find people's feeling about their sculpture,whatever positive or negative.As a statue collector,I know what I am saying,I am responsible for every words I inserted in this forum.
And I will insist on my mind.
Uh....I wasn't trying to influence you, that wasn't even directed at you...but okay. Enjoy!
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #192
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

These are the reasons I don’t care who sculpts what. I like what I like. Sometimes an artist has little to no control of thier work. That being said, every sculptor is an artist and every artist is talented in one way or another. To zero an artist out because of some of their work you have seen is ridiculous. Critism is fine but there is a difference between that and a personal boycott.
I’m all for giving it to the SS reps but the artists are just trying to do the best they can with the given tools. Tools even being an art team
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #193
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
These are the reasons I don’t care who sculpts what. I like what I like. Sometimes an artist has little to no control of thier work. That being said, every sculptor is an artist and every artist is talented in one way or another. To zero an artist out because of some of their work you have seen is ridiculous. Critism is fine but there is a difference between that and a personal boycott.
I’m all for giving it to the SS reps but the artists are just trying to do the best they can with the given tools. Tools even being an art team
Well some of them might be tools, I wouldn't know
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #194
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
"Rent which is based on the housing market only is totally different than a manufactured item like a statue, false equivalency." HAHA right because a "manufactured" item isn't part of a market? Increased demand for housing=increased home prices (not false) equivalency: increased demand for "manufactured statues"= increased prices.

Best part about your post: uses the word conjecture and then states: "I buy almost everything and anything and have for 2 decades. I literally know the majority of commodities out there and next to none have gone up or down that much"

Well, I know all the BEST commodities out there, believe me. I buy SO MUCH, people can't believe how much I buy, and prices have gone up tremendously, that I can tell you. THOSE ARE THE FACTS!
You cannot compare unlike markets, manufacturing does not align with housing markets, oil markets, precious metal markets and so on. Unless they are directly influenced by said markets, such as housing being impacted directly and completely by oil prices, or manufacturing prices. In fact manufacturing costs always get reduced as time and technology move ahead unless the product is once again linked to some volatile commodity that drives most if not all of the cost.

You cannot cross compare differing market types period. Manufacturing and construction are very different animals whether you like it or not.

I have been a government/private subcontract administrator/analyst for 2 decades, so I really do and have bought just about every service and commodity out there, but you can have your little jokes, no worries.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #195
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Woah-ho-ho! Yours for only $1,100? Awesome the amount of detail and collaboration that went into this. But seriously? Over a G? Go get that loan and get yours today!!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #196
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The king is 999$ 1500ES and almost sold out,

so how could we expect less than 1G for the queen ?
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:15 PM   #197
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

These statues are worth half these prices. This is a price I would expect from prime 1, and sideshow is no prime one. This is the best piece tho from sideshow team in a LONG time, but they had Legacys help so its not completely a sideshow piece. But Black did a great job sculpting. He did an awesome skeletor, and a awesome mummra and now this. He is on a roll.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:13 AM   #198
HARD
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Woah-ho-ho! Yours for only $1,100? Awesome the amount of detail and collaboration that went into this. But seriously? Over a G? Go get that loan and get yours today!!

HARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #199
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARD View Post
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #200
Python
Omega Red

Anything new for Alien day this year? Maybe a (cough*) Dog Alien LSB?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote