Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #31
ultrazilla
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Yes I understand the concept of basing off the movies but it still bothers me to think the real world Spino is so much different now which totally takes away the belivability of the JP3 design. Comparatively the T Rex is still more or less the same, even the raptors aren't strayed too far off, at least they still maintain a similar proportion/size/fundamental morphology to the real thing. Whereas Spino is like 70% different now and that's a no go for me personally.

Also please don't take this as any complaints CC as I very much love your products, it's just I can be quite selective sometimes with my JP dinos.
ultrazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #32
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrazilla View Post
Yes I understand the concept of basing off the movies but it still bothers me to think the real world Spino is so much different now which totally takes away the belivability of the JP3 design. Comparatively the T Rex is still more or less the same, even the raptors aren't strayed too far off, at least they still maintain a similar proportion/size/fundamental morphology to the real thing. Whereas Spino is like 70% different now and that's a no go for me personally.

Also please don't take this as any complaints CC as I very much love your products, it's just I can be quite selective sometimes with my JP dinos.
Well the JP3 Spino was based on what extremely little fossil evidence science had at the time. At the time, it was scientifically accurate more or less. It's only been in the last 3-4 years that more complete Spino fossils have been recovered, and we now have a better idea of what they looked like. Honestly you can always chalk the movie inaccuracies up to how these were genetically manipulated monsters spliced with the DNA of modern animals. Velociraptors weren't as large as they are in the films, and they were also feathered. Dilophosaurs werent that small, and they likely didn't have neck frills or venemous spit. And so on.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:36 PM   #33
ultrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
Well the JP3 Spino was based on what extremely little fossil evidence science had at the time. At the time, it was scientifically accurate more or less. It's only been in the last 3-4 years that more complete Spino fossils have been recovered, and we now have a better idea of what they looked like. Honestly you can always chalk the movie inaccuracies up to how these were genetically manipulated monsters spliced with the DNA of modern animals. Velociraptors weren't as large as they are in the films, and they were also feathered. Dilophosaurs werent that small, and they likely didn't have neck frills or venemous spit. And so on.
Yeah I agree about the fossil scarcity at the time and I certainly don't blame JP's effort of creating it to the best of their knowledge. Question is will they change the design to the most updated version for future films? Anyway I hope to see at least some type of sauropod from CC and preferably in scale with 1/20 BreakOut Rex.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:43 PM   #34
takuGuy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrazilla View Post
Yeah I agree about the fossil scarcity at the time and I certainly don't blame JP's effort of creating it to the best of their knowledge. Question is will they change the design to the most updated version for future films? Anyway I hope to see at least some type of sauropod from CC and preferably in scale with 1/20 BreakOut Rex.
Same reason they gave for the raptors not having feathers in Jurassic World: maintaining in-universe continuity.
takuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #35
clutch
Sailor Moon

I watched World again on my flight home. Man, that was painful.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #36
ultrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by takuGuy View Post
Same reason they gave for the raptors not having feathers in Jurassic World: maintaining in-universe continuity.
Not necessarily, they changed the look and pose of stegosaurus in Jurassic World where its tail is low hung instead of high raised in The Lost World. So something as fundamentally different as the new Spino would probably receive more attention too.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #37
Parallax
Nightwing

The 1/20 scale definitely needs to represent the larger dinosaurs:

- Brachiosaurus (Would be 30 inches, but badass)
- Triceratops
- Bull T-Rex
- Spinosaurus
- Mosasaurus (Jumping out of the water was a great idea)

Maquettes for the smaller dinos

- Velociraptor
- Dilophosaurus
- Pteranadon (Lost World branch scene)
- Triceratops

I'd also love dioramas of the park itself:

- JP Gate
- Visitors Center
- Raptor Paddock
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #38
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Parallax,

Most of what you have listed is getting made.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #39
daz1999
Mephisto

Can't wait to see the next offerings from CC, very excited for raptors in the kitchen!
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #40
Ezhil
Mephisto

Spino in lively pose similar to irex

Jp jeep

Raptor vs rex diorama
Tlw raptor mini head bust 1:3
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote